• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Land of Cran Comics Fund Raising Effort

Ahzad

Explorer
As some of you know I was the manager for our best local comic/gaming store, Land of Cran Comics, here in Canton OH. This past September I lost my job (and as of today I'm back to work, alas not living the dream anymore but it's work) as the store could no longer weather the terrible economy and the guy that owned it my friend and boss came down was diagnosed with Waldenstrom Macroglobulinemia a slow-growing lymphoma (cancer that begins in the cells of the immune system). This form of cancer is a rare, only about 1,500 cases in the US annually and at this time there is no known cure for it, but there are several treatment options available to help control the symptoms of the disease.

Being a small business owner the Cran didn't have health care coverage, and most of his finances have been exhausted in trying to keep the store going. Adding this rare illness on top of all these other factors has been a huge financial burden for him, and he is unable to seek other work because of this disease. We are trying to organize a fund raising dinner to help raise some money for the man who means an awfully lot to us to help him meet his day to day expenses, as well as medical costs.

We have had great support from artists, and publishers donating items and original art to raise money for the Cran and help him meet his living expenses and medical needs. We are currently running an auction of the stuff and if you are interested in helping a worthy cause please take a look and bid on something if you like it.

These are some of the items we have had donated.

A GI JOE Snake Eyes pin up by Jeremy Dale
A GI JOE Baroness by GI JOE artist SL Gallant
Nightwing pin up by Scott McDaniel
Amazing Spider-man original painting by Gene Gonzales
Coraline Hardcover signed by Neil Gaiman
Dark Horse Comics were eager to send us aHard Cover volume of the Amazing Screw-On Head by Mike Mignola, as well as, a Promotional poster for Hellboy Darkness Calls, signed by Mike Mignola.
Complete Bone Softcover by Jeff Smith and Jeff even signed it and added a sketch in the front cover.
2 Four Day Passes to San Diego Comic Con 2011

See the entire list of items for auction here.

nukesimek items - Get great deals on Collectibles, Art items on eBay.com!

And you can read about the fund raising effort on our blog.
Cranboyz Online

Thank you.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads