• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [langtitle=nt]Pathfinder[/langtitle] Mythic Adventures Playtest (Epic "Levels")

Kaodi

Hero
I may be blind (a fair possibility), but I do not see any threads on [notranslate]Pathfinder[/notranslate]'s new Mythic Adventures playtest, despite it being mentioned on [notranslate]EN World[/notranslate]'s front page the other day. This is something like their epic level rules, but you are not restricted to getting them after level 20. They are in fact a separate system which can be tapped into at any level the DM wishes.

I think the way they have approached it is interesting, though some of the mechanics, such as most mythic feats, seem like a bit of an odd way to handle things.

http://paizo.com/products/btpy8voq?...]-Roleplaying-Game-Mythic-Adventures-Playtest

Wycen

Explorer
I've downloaded it and scanned the basics. I do like that it is a bolt on system. Calling it epic is something of a misnomer because you could, unless I missed something, be a 1st level character who's earned a mythic level.

One drawback to being mythic is gaining a flaw. For example the Achilles heel, that's a mythic flaw, which is a vulnerability. Not sure I like the idea of vulnerabilities, but it is a trade off I suppose.

I am curious how the playtest will determine how balanced things are or aren't.

Remove ads