Lantern on Belt?

hong

WotC's bitch
kreynolds said:

Either that, or their big...sense of locating gold. Yeah. That's what I was gonna say.
eek-yellow.gif

Yeah, dwarves are great at locating golden showers.

Hong "that's what I was gonna say too" Ooi

drnuncheon

Explorer
ThomasBJJ said:
Some of my PC's keep argueing that they want to "Hook" thier lantern to thier belt while walking around and fighting.

Clearly spoken by people who have never been near a lantern in their lives. :rolleyes:

First of all, 'hooked to the belt' is a lousy place for a light source. Your body blocks the light, it's not going to be pointing where you're looking, etc. There's a reason miner's lamps are on helmets and not belts.

Second, there's flame there. I want flame to remain as far from my groin as possible, thanks. Even if it doesn't break, it will be 'uncomfortably warm'.

Third, the thing is not a Coleman propane lantern. It's full of oil. Oil is a liquid. It spills. Especially when you're running around and fighting things.

Oh, make no mistake, I'd let them do it. Then I'd give the monsters partial concealment (as the light swings crazily around, is blocked by shields, etc) and give the character a chance of setting himself on fire from spilling the lantern.

J

Remove ads