• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Large Creature and Shields

Kabol

First Post
Ok - I know that as a larger creature you can use Larger weapons that deal more Damage. But what about shields?

I know that a Heavy Shield gives +2 AC. But would a Larger creature use a larger shield? and if so, If they shield bash will it do more Damage? It wont give more AC, since it covers the same proportional area - but what bout Damage? Would you size it up one level, or keep it the same?

Thanee

First Post
Damage should be higher according to the weapon size damage table (p.28 DMG 3.5).

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
Kabol said:
I know that a Heavy Shield gives +2 AC. But would a Larger creature use a larger shield?
Yes. Follow the normal rules for larger armor.
Kabol said:
and if so, If they shield bash will it do more Damage?
Yes, just like a smaller shield deals less damage (heavy shield deals 1d4 for Medium and 1d3 for Small wielders). Use the normal rules for larger weapons.

Kabol

First Post
Ok - so a Large Heavy, Spiked, Bashing Shiled will do 3d6 points of Dmg?

Heavy - 1d4
Large ( up one ) - 1d6
Spiked ( up one ) - 1d8
Bashing ( up two ) - 2d6 -> 3d6

Is that right?

Kabol

First Post
Ok - So lets say You want to use Just a shield as a shield and a weapon. could you use that shield as a primary weapon?

2 handed would mean could use a Huge shield ( and if you really muchkin, get monkey grip and use a gargantuan shiled) does that mean you can basicaly weild it as a 4d6 weapon and with right feats still retain the AC ( 6d6 if gargantuan ) ?

Seems like a cool way for a tank to still be a tank while churning out some good dmg. Though - its a lil on the munchkin side, maybe.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads