• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Las Colinas D/FW group seeking others... AGAIN...

Tenbones

First Post
To those that responded to me last time I posted, sorry. We had some major issues that came up (all work related; jobs possibly going to India, that sorta thing.) that completely threw us off track. That's all over and now we seem to be back on a strong even keel sooo... once again...

I'm the regular DM of a veteran group of players in the Las Colinas area. Our group of players has whittled itself down to 3 players and a GM (myself). We prefer to have at least one more player (preferably two). Spare me if I sound like a cornhole on this post... but it's part of the weeding out process, heh.

We're all professionals and we're here to have fun, but we take our gaming seriously. I'm looking for movers and shakers, people who know what type of PC they want to play and PLAY THEM. Wallflowers, "shy" people, rules lawyers, Min-Maxing munchkins will get owned by me. This doesn't mean you can't ask about rulings (I encourage it), I'm just warning you ahead of time. I've been doing this GMing thing too long, and I'm good at what I do.

We play every Friday. We're currently on hiatus until we get a few more players. No freaks allowed. As long as you understand the difference between yourself, and your character, you're a possible candidate. If you do not know what a "gaming freak" is, please do not bother emailing me.

Ladies are always welcome. Some of us are married, so yes, we're socially presentable, but it's always nice to have female players. We won't bite!

Minors - We're all adults, and I'm of the opinion that minors can act very mature... HOWEVER... they usually don't (not that we do either...) and hence, they're "acting" (much like we do at our dayjobs.) I generally discourage Minors from emailing us. Sorry guys.

Everyone else - No stalkers, no one with BAD hygiene, no one with really bad psychological hangups, no kleptomaniacs.

We're all geeks deep down, so if you're REALLY geeky, don't sweat it. Just don't eat your boogers in front of us and we're golden. We're looking for cool people that want to play in serious campaigns and most importantly have fun. We're VERY big on character-development and storytelling, but we do *not* shy from the action. Because when it's time to get the slaughter on, well... it's time to get the slaughter on. Right? Right.

We tend to play with several house rules which will be made available to you. Everyone is entitled to have their opinions on these rules of course, but we've worked long and hard on these rules and we believe they are balanced and well thought out. Daresay, probably more thought out than a lot of the crap that is on the shelves these days (and we know since we helped publish a lot of it.) Yes we do have heavy criticisms about d20... but no system is perfect, and we do our damdest to make it perfect for what we want to play. If you like labels /spits out "Grim and Gritty" is close. I prefer to call it "Fantasy with elements of realism." No, you won't die on a single die roll, unless you've put yourself in that situation. No you won't find supermarkets full of magic items to buy and sell from. They do exist... but not in every stupid thorpe and hamlet. With us so far? good...

Lastly, if you're a GM, we'd welcome someone to give me some respite. I've basically been GMing non-stop since '91 (and playing D&D since '79) so I could use a break now and again. So if you're one of those "I only like to GM"-types, you're welcome too.

If all of this sounds like too much for you... then it probably is, but you'll be missing out.

If not, please email me at: zenscribe@hotmail.com

Ten

DonAdam

Explorer
Once I figure out my status for summer and beyond (might be gone over the summer, might be gone for good come fall) I might shoot you an email.

I would hate to ditch a group right after starting with them, but I should know in a couple weeks.

Last edited:

Tenbones

First Post
We play on Friday nights (after work) and we usually play til around 1am - 2am at the latest. Occasionally we've pulled all-nighters, but then we have to put up with the BS from our wives (those of us that have them).

shoot me a line if you're interested... three players ain't enough for us.

Tenbones

Remove ads