• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Last Release for Scarred Lands

The announcement of the end to Scarred Lands releases doesn't come as a surprise as their Edge of Infinity book did not seem to do well and the high level of competition from other companies with campaign settings. I hope that Sword & Sorcery's support for other product lines is not dwindling as well.

D20 Filtered will definitely address this and other ominous news in the d20 industry in its November issue which will be available November 10th. This news is starting to sound like a broken record...

Last edited:

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Honestly, as S&S is currently without their d20 general editor, thus I expect to see a slump in d20 releases from them over the next while.

However, I expect that the lineswill rejuvenate, just in a different form.

Estlor

Explorer
It doesn't REALLY surprise me, to be honest. The market simply can't support all the campaign settings that have come up the past few years, and sometimes you've just got to know when to pull the plug.

At least the Scarred Lands is being pulled at a point when it has had about four years of support and development behind it. There's only so much you can release for a setting before it is "finished."

Yes, it's troubling to see a major player disappear, but S&SS needs to do what they need to do to stay in the D20 market in some fashion, and if calling the SL finished is what it takes... it's something.

Remove ads