Last Stand of the Dorinthians- Dead Secrets

Nephtys

First Post
Barok follows the two wise men silently, content to let Silas continue to handle the talking (since he was doing so well at it). Smirking slightly to himself he ponders the unpleasant surprises they had faced. Joining Festios was no longer an option but Nefios could be a useful tool, that is if there was a way out of this death-trap.

Slowly wandering around the room Barok searches every inch of the walls, floor and ceiling before circling inwards towards the statue.

ooc. Search, listen, take 20.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Nefius says, "I would not have them kill you and so they began to doubt my dedication to their cause. Like I mentioned before, it has been a long while before I had stimulating intellectual company and I wished to savor it for as long as it would last. And perhaps even convert you as your friend Barok expressed interest. Knowing our history, though, and your previous heroics they considered you unconvertable."

Silas walks to the base of the statue, which is covered by cobwebs and tarnish from age. It would appear as if the priests had forgotten about this passage through the ages and neglected to clean it, which fills your Dorinthian heart with regret. No statue of the Rider should be left in such a state as even the unreligious of you find it somewhat blasphemous.

Barok hears running water under a grime and dust-covered portion of floor at the far end of the room. Uncovering a portion of the grime with his foot, he believes he sees a heavy, rusted grate.

Silas and Barok both notice one fresco at the center of the room of Mount Kinran, a large mountain in between here and the old Dorinthian capital. The fresco depicts a climber finding a large crystal with some shadowy winged figure inside of it. This event seems to have started a series of other violent events for it shows the peaceful, farming community the man comes using their farming tools as weapons against insect-helmeted men who lord over them. The battle looks devestating to both sides, and it appears that the farms give way to a nomadic horse lifestyle after the former farmers seem to lose a series of conflicts. Towards the later events in the frescoes the former farmers begin to use hunting bows from horseback and the insect-helmeted beings seem to lose the next series of battles, and have their temples and halls set ablaze.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Silas responds to Nefius with a "Hmm..."

Wallking around the statue he feels a sense of dismay. The Rider isn't his patron deity but he is the patron of the Dorinthian peoples as a whole and the disrepair saddens him. If only I had the time to give the respect and care that you deserve, thinks the wizard. His search next takes him along the frescoes. He reaches out with his fingers towards the battle scene but stops just short of the ancient paintings. "This is the birth of the Dorinthians..." he says quietly.

Sighing, he turns to the others. "I haven't found anything that could help us. How about you?"

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"I've found little. So is this a statue of your god, Silas? A shame that it should be left in such neglect, but I suppose the priests had forgotten about this portion of their temple. It looks as if this older temple was kept in secret from others for too long for some unknown reason." Nefius says as he examines the statue in puzzlement and increased curiosity.

Nephtys

First Post

"A shame? Why? The Rider has neglected the Dorinthians for centuries, ignored or accepted our suffering. Our entire people has been wiped out and our so called God hasn't lifted a finger. He deserves nothing but loathing. At least Festios has displayed some power, given us something to respect and fear. The Rider... just a bloody worthless waste of faith."
He hears something beneath him and crouches down, "Enough theology for now. I think I've found us a way out." he starts pulling on the grate. "Give me a hand over here."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Silas scowls at Barok's comments on the Rider but doesn't contradict the man. He joins Barok at attempting to lift the grate.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Barok cleans off the grime off the grate to find the edges, then tries to raise it by taking the smaller point of a unlit torch and attempting to use it as a wedge. Silas comes and tries to work the other side. The grate comes up slightly as the two men strain, and Nefius comes up and wedges his staff into the gap in order to stop it from closing back up. From there the three men slowly work the grate off to the side and look down by Barok's torchlight and sees that after an eight-foot drop there is a walkable ledge to the sewer system below. You take one last look at the back of the dirtied statue before preparing to drop down.

OOC: Any last actions or are you prepared to leave the room and statue behind as you escape?

Nephtys

First Post
ooc: If Barok didn't find anything special about the statue the first time he investigated it (meaning treasure ;)) then he's ready to go.

Remove ads