• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lasting Frost

DracoSuave

First Post
There is a word in this feat description. This word is 'after'.

If they meant it to be simultaneous, they'd have said 'while'.

This isn't hard.

yu gnomi

Explorer
You must have different edition of PHB than me. Mine does not use the word after.

I am very interested in the answer to this because I think it could also indicate whether a foe struck with Crown of Madness, by a Warlock with Psychic Lock feat gets a -2 to it's attack vs. it's buddy, or whether the -2 penalty is applied after Crown of Madness is resolved.

DracoSuave

First Post
You must have different edition of PHB than me. Mine does not use the word after.

I am very interested in the answer to this because I think it could also indicate whether a foe struck with Crown of Madness, by a Warlock with Psychic Lock feat gets a -2 to it's attack vs. it's buddy, or whether the -2 penalty is applied after Crown of Madness is resolved.

You're right, I'm a bit sleepy, so I missed that.

It'd be after, because the attack needs to resolve before additional effects are applied, unless they modify the parameters of the attack itself, or interrupt the attack.

Besides, if it were before damage, Lasting Frost would be the best feat in the game and non-frost mages would be rather foolish for not taking it.

yu gnomi

Explorer
Even though it is apparently not made explicit anywhere in the rules, I agree that attacks should be completely resolved before the effects of Lasting Frost and Psychic Lock are applied. I think ths is probably how WOTC intended them to operate.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads