• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Latest purchases

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
My once-every-two-months visit to Melbourne was today. I'm really falling behind on Wizards purchases; board games have been taking over of late. Not really different this time around, but I did start to catch up. :)

Role-playing
Star Wars Saga Edition... this makes the 5th edition of the SW rules I own (WEG 1st, WEG 2nd, D20 3rd, D20R 4th, D20 Saga 5th!). I've played the others. I think I'll get a chance to play this soon. Although, I don't know whether it'll be as a player or the GM.

Expedition to the Demonweb Pits... I considered getting E2UM, but I'm more likely to use DWP in the near future. An adventure. Cool. :) I'm not set on any Planescape references, but I love the idea of the Demonweb Pits.

Cities of Peril... The last few times I've been in Melbourne, I've completely walked past the stand with the FLs on it. Cityscapes sound cool, and I do use minis from time to time.

Dungeon Tiles 3... because I have 1 and 2.

Dungeon Tiles 4... because I have 1, 2 and 3... and because I really want some wilderness terrain. Hope to get another set of these soon.

Game Mastery Flip-Mat... it's a 2'x2-1/2' battlemat that you can use dry-erase and wet-erase on. I've got a nice Chessex mat (about 3'x4') that's wet erase, but I'm finding wet-erase pens hard to come by. The size is just right for the smaller tables I've been using as well. Very happy to pick this one up.

Board Games
Advanced Squad Leader Starter Kit #2 - Guns - Because I'm interested. :)

Colosseum - the latest Days of Wonder game. I love DoW games, and this one looks very interesting. Hopefully, I'll get to play it in the next week.

Pillars of the Earth - it's been receiving a lot of buzz on BoardGameGeek.com as a Caylus-Lite style game. I love Caylus, but this may be more approachable by my friends. One of the few boardgames I know based on a book (Dune is another), although I didn't really enjoy the book! ;)

Books
The Chronicles of Amber by Roger Zelazny. One of my favourite series; this collects books 1-10 together. I bought it because I didn't own books 6 & 7. :)

Ysabel by Guy Gavriel Kay - I didn't even know it was coming out; but I'm a big Kay fan. :)

Cheers!

lior_shapira

Explorer
Lately I've been feeling that I'm buying too much, luckily MerricB came along and reminded me that shopping is fun :)

I recently "picked up" (shipped from the USA):
* Dungeonscape - read good reviews and want to spice up my dungeons a bit
* Frostburn - been wanting it for a long time
* Magic Item Compendium - one of the better books to come out of WoTC in a long time
* Starwars SAGA - first book I pre-ordered ever, the physical size of the book kind of threw me off, but a nice starwars game will be cool this summer
* Three packs of Unhallowed D&D minis

Also ordered Sandstorm, Tome of Magic and will probably purchase Tome Of Artifacts soon.

:)
lior

delericho

Legend
I haven't bought anything since "Expedition to the Demonweb Pits". I'll be picking up "The Sinister Spire" and "Star Wars Saga Edition" soon, though. I'll be skipping "Expedition to Undermountain", so I think the next after that is "Expedition to the Ruins of Greyhawk".

2007 seems to be quite a light year for me buying things.

Crothian

First Post
Star Wars Saga Edition, Magic Item Compendium, and Red hand of Doom.

Just some basic things to enhance my D&D game. The adventure though won't be run anytime soon but it was pretty cheap. :D

Last edited:

Nyarlathotep

Explorer
My recent acquisitions are:

Complete Champion: So far I'm liking the afflilations rules for churches, nice to see some cross-book support.

Delta Green d20: Maybe a bit dated (and some of the editing makes me chuckle), but it's a classic damnit!

Dread: Still waiting for this to arrive, but I am looking forward to it.

Expedition to the Demonweb Pits: A friend picked this up and I bought it off of him. Looks allright so far. I'm really liking the Delve format.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
MerricB said:
Colosseum - the latest Days of Wonder game. I love DoW games, and this one looks very interesting. Hopefully, I'll get to play it in the next week.

Be sure to post a report on this, please. I love Days of Wonder and have been anxious to know more about this game. :)

MerricB said:
One of the few boardgames I know based on a book (Dune is another), although I didn't really enjoy the book! ;)

It's hard to read with all that whispering. ;)

Gothmog

First Post
In the last month, I've picked up:

Aces & Eights- this is an awesome book, and I love western rpgs. Its also the most gorgeous rpg book I've ever seen with production values beyond Ptolus or anything else- leatherbound cover, stitched binding, thick semi-gloss paper, and lots of photos and full color classic Western paintings in it- not crappy game art. There is a ton of information about the time period, ranching, cattle drives, horse breeding, justice, etc- even if I never run it as-is (which I intend to), its great supplemental info for my Deadlands game.

Pirates of the Spanish Main- another incredible book for Savage Worlds. My buddies are all stoked about playing this- we're supposed to have the session for character creation tomorrow night.

World of Darkness: Spirits- another great WOD book, focusing on something that has been neglected thusfar- spirits, ghosts, the spirit world, and all sorts of genuinely disturbing scenario ideas.

Star Wars Saga Edition- a big improvement over the old rules, and a nice book, but we've gotten fond of using Savage Worlds for Star Wars- its a better fit in our experience.

Delta Green D20- basically the same as the original book, but its nice to have a sturdy hardbound version.

Esoterrorists- a very cool-looking simple horror game by Robin Laws. I really like what I've read so far.

King in Yellow expansion for Arkham Horror- Arkham Horror has become one of my groups favorite board games to play, this expansion promises to be interesting- the whole town of Arkham going mad!

Kill Doctor Lucky Deluxe Boardgame- the original was a blast, and this one has really high production values. Its so sick and twisted you gotta love it!

Old_Man_Fish

First Post
I've been going light this year as well....

Picked up dungeon tiles 1 - 4
cityscape
the paizo item pack
critical hit deck
city flip-mat
pathfinder subscription
paizo module subscription
dungeon subscription

and, I just pre-ordered my copy of exp to greyhawk ruins.

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
Promethean: The Created
GameMastery Subscription
Pathfinder Subscription
Dungeon Subscription
Dragon Subscription
Expedition to the Ruins of Greyhawk preorder

Remove ads