• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Latest Wizards Cover Botch

DaveMage said:
No, he said the cover was the same color (and spine was the same color) as Unearthed Arcana.

So - the spine will be tan and the cover a dark, dark green (almost black in appearance).
...could have sworn he said blue...but hey, it won't be brown. :)

Stormwrack sounds silly. It's not that I was particularly excited about "Maelstrom," it's just that one is an appropriate but innocuous title and the other is a non-word that sounds silly to say.

And for the record, there is absolutely no reason for the book of the undead to have been called anything but The Necronomicon. NONE! :D

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Hopefully they'll discard "Stormwrack" in favor of "Wet & Wild" or "Slippery When Wet." We wouldn't want the chance that anyone wouldn't understand "Stormwrack," would we? :p

"Mermaids Gone Wild!"

"Blub, blub, blub"

"Atlantis on 5GP a Day"

"Titanic II: The Sequel!"

The Auld Grump

RichGreen

Adventurer
Hi,

Shame about the title -- I liked Maelstrom!

Is there going to be a jungle environment book or did I imagine this?

Cheers

Richard

Last edited:

Psychic Warrior

First Post
Numion said:
IMO this one of the complaints that are made just because it's WotC. Stormwrack isn't 'dumbed down', but it's just cool to call decisions you wouldn't have made 'dumbing down'.

I don't get how stormwrack is any less intelligent than maelstrom. Does that make me dumb, perhaps? :confused:

Ah, the truth comes out!

I agree. If this was Mongoose or Green Ronin I doubt it would have warrented so much as a post let alone a whole thread.

Capellan

Explorer
MerricB said:
Yes. The Maelstrom RPG is sitting on my shelf at the moment.

Which one? The 1980s Puffin Books' Maelstrom (my first RPG ever) or the more recent Maelstrom Storytelling (which was completely different, but which I also have)?

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Capellan said:
Which one? The 1980s Puffin Books' Maelstrom (my first RPG ever) or the more recent Maelstrom Storytelling (which was completely different, but which I also have)?

I have the early one. (See the link above)

Cheers!

Remove ads