• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lawful Good Archangel for Paladin hook...need some help.

Lord Ravinous

First Post
Howdy all, its been a while since I been here, but I'm back with my usual helpless self and am in need of your assistance once again...

I'm plannin' on making a paladin for my DM's campaign and I'm lookin for a Lawful Good Archangel or Celestial Lord that would fit my idea, but alas, I don't know jack crap bout the Immortal Good Guys being that I usually play bad or neutral characters. So any help would be great.

My paladin, the best I can sum it up, is like Captain America transplanted into standard fantasy, in the way that he carries himself. I'm trying to piece together a bit of backstory, and a loose description of his Order, which is where the need for an militant LG archangel comes in. The paladin order would basicly be a group of mortals that were organized by said Archangel however many hundereds of years ago, and they more or less attempt to hold the minions of the lower planes at bay, and vanquishing evil outsiders that slip into the material plane. Sort of his "Mortal Heralds" if you will, upholding his ideals on the Prime Material.

I was gonna buy Anger of Angels this week, but had to lend out what little money I had, and dont get paid again till Wednsday after next. I ain't looking for copywrited material, just summarized common knowledge that some of ya'll might have.

Any help would be awsome, but like I said, I don't want anyone to break any of the copywrite rules.

Thanks guys.

EDIT: It was late when I wrote this, and subsequently sparse w/ the info, so I'll try and spruce it up a bit, lol.

Last edited:

Telperion

First Post
The Monsters Manual has just the thing for you: archons.
The Hound Archon would be easier, because it only has a level adjustment of +5, where as the Trumpet Archom is +8. Also, if you look at the picture on page 18 of the MM 3.5 you'll probably get a pretty good idea about their individual characteristics.

These guys have very paladin like capabilities to start with, and they are fully suited for that kind of play. Actually, it would be fairly hard to play a non-paladin archon. Enjoy :).

Telperion

First Post
O' and if you want something really big then you can never go wrong with a Solar. Angels, archons and celestials in general don't get any bigger than that. And they have enough power so you'll never need a single level of paladin until you hit Epic Levels.

Lord Ravinous

First Post
Telperion said:
O' and if you want something really big then you can never go wrong with a Solar. Angels, archons and celestials in general don't get any bigger than that. And they have enough power so you'll never need a single level of paladin until you hit Epic Levels.

If everything else fails, I guess i can always come up with a name for a Solar or something, and go with that. But I was mainly looking for the good equivilants of the Arch-Devils and Demon Lords. Ya know what I mean? I just don't know the names of them, the only Archangel I can think of off the top of my head is Gabriel, and the only Celestial Lord I know by name is Talassid (who to my knowledge, is CG).

Lord Ravinous

First Post
Oh, and just to clear something up that I prolly should have beforehand. The character is a 2nd level Human paladin. I'm just looking for an entity to have his Order devoted too. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

FireLance

Legend
From the Book of Exalted Deeds, we have the celestial paragons Raziel the Crusader and Sealtiel the Defender. The difference between the two is that Raziel takes the fight against evil onto evil's home ground, while Sealtiel remains behind to guard against evil's counterassaults. From what you've described, Sealtiel might be the better patron for your Order.

Lord Ravinous

First Post
FireLance said:
From the Book of Exalted Deeds, we have the celestial paragons Raziel the Crusader and Sealtiel the Defender. The difference between the two is that Raziel takes the fight against evil onto evil's home ground, while Sealtiel remains behind to guard against evil's counterassaults. From what you've described, Sealtiel might be the better patron for your Order.
That sounds about right, is Sealtiel pronounced seel-tee-ul or seel-teel?
Also, what is his home plane? I'm assuming he's on Mt. Celestia, but which particular layer.

Thanks alot for the help btw.

Last edited:

FireLance

Legend
Lord Ravinous said:
That sounds about right, is Sealtiel pronounced seel-tee-ul or seel-teel?
Also, what is his home plane? I'm assuming he's on Mt. Celestia, but which particular layer.

Thanks alot for the help btw.

According to the pronounciation guide, it's see-AHL-teel. He's the ruler of Celestia's sixth layer, Jovar the Glittering Heaven.

You're welcome :).

Remove ads