• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

League of Extraordinary (calling all players ;))

Karl Green

First Post
OK I posted over in the Rogues Gallery a place for the 'League of the Extraordinaries'. When your character is all finished they go over there :)

Now some thoughts

ShaggySpellsword…
Some ideas for the name of your Air-Gallon. As it was a weapon of war, it might need a bit of that in the name. I don’t know your character’s wife or family name but I was thinking something like…
Diana’s (wife or child's name) Vindication

Or maybe…
The Righteous Malice or the other way the Malice Righteous ;)

Or maybe something with…
Animus
Retribute
Rancor
Reckoning
Vengeance
Wrath

Thoughts? I am working out some stuff right now and was thinking about the ships name is all :D

TZ hmm if you would prefer the range more then the spear, we could switch it, say a +2 heavy crossbow, with Flaming or Frost on it and maybe with a number of special ‘bolts’ (maybe some that don’t lost their magic when they are shot). Then your shortspear could be a +1 and it should still work out.
Thoughts?

Bobitron
About Fury, ok your Large size and ability to use some of those abilities that normally you would not be able to use (Fury of Blow, Movement, etc) will contribute to +1 or +1.5ECL so you don’t get as much.
As for an magic for your Armored Body, sure how about…
+1 with something similar to the Rhino Hide charge place on it (adds +2d6 damage when any successful charge attack). That would be worth (1,000+1500gp)
I thought maybe something like Shocking Burst or Thundering might have been added to fist (+2,000gp)
what other items might you be thinking about??

Bobitron

Explorer
Karl Green said:
Bobitron
About Fury, ok your Large size and ability to use some of those abilities that normally you would not be able to use (Fury of Blow, Movement, etc) will contribute to +1 or +1.5ECL so you don’t get as much.
As for an magic for your Armored Body, sure how about…
+1 with something similar to the Rhino Hide charge place on it (adds +2d6 damage when any successful charge attack). That would be worth (1,000+1500gp)
I thought maybe something like Shocking Burst or Thundering might have been added to fist (+2,000gp)
what other items might you be thinking about??

Yeah, Shocking Burst would be really cool. I like the image:)

As for the armor, I like the idea of extra charge damage, so that sounds cool.

Last edited:

MatrexsVigil

First Post
Was ShaggySpellsword referring to me? ^^

I wasn't planning on Enden to have a wife or kids. I was thinking that his parents and younger brother and older sister were killed. And being the kind of guy that he is, just harming his close blood-relatives would have been enough for all out airship war. ^^

Lets just say he's friends/brother-in-arms with people for life whether they like it or not. He's also the guy who gives his personal archenemy another chance to live, because fighting for revenge of his family's death is what he is now. It's not something he does anymore. He has become the embodiment of his family's vengence.

I love when I make stuff up on the fly. It comes out so cool.

I'll have to work on that some more. Tell me what you think.

-P.C.

Last edited:

taitzu52

First Post
Karl Green said:
TZ hmm if you would prefer the range more then the spear, we could switch it, say a +2 heavy crossbow, with Flaming or Frost on it and maybe with a number of special ‘bolts’ (maybe some that don’t lost their magic when they are shot). Then your shortspear could be a +1 and it should still work out.
Thoughts?

Well, what's your ruling on how the Rapid Shot feat works with crossbows? Maybe 3.5 clarified this. Using my Ranger abilities was part of the reason I asked about it. Honestly, I'm not so sure I want to be relying on that spear in a stand up fight, I'm pretty darn frail.

Any news on how you're pricing magical tatoos? I had a few in mind. Other than that, I'll pick something defensive (probably the armor you suggested) and go from there. Boots of the Winterland though? I'm not sure if Neville had ever forrayed into the north, chances are he's forgotten half the places he's been by now (explaining slightly lower Knowledge skills, he's a little dottering).

Also, I took "Renown" as a feat, I'm not even sure if that's the right name! How is reputation working out?

TZ

Karl Green

First Post
If you want we can change it to a Longbow, but for the crossbow I will to think... maybe something of 'auto' crossbow (did you ever see the very B-movie Hawk, the Slayer? One of the characters had this automatic crossbow heh)

D'oh forgot to look up Tattoos last night. OK here was some basics
1. Tattoos must be 'activated' by bearer, DC is Wis Check DC (5+spell level), standard action, no AoO
2. Can't have more then your character level
Base cost...
0 level - caster level x50gp +(1500gp)
1st level - caster level x200gp +(1500gp)
2nd level -caster level x400gp +(1500gp)
3rd level -caster level x600gp +(1500gp)
I might have to re-think some of that for 3.5 rules... hmmmm

Karl Green

First Post
taitzu52 said:
Also, I took "Renown" as a feat, I'm not even sure if that's the right name! How is reputation working out?

TZ

Ops forget this... it give you a +3 to your Rep so yours would be +4. It works just like in d20 Modern if you are fimial with that... in situations where they might have heard of you (I check) you get that bonus to CHA based skills

Blue_Genie

First Post
Karl, after spending the Christmas weekend away, I came down with a nasty cold. I'm spending most of the day in bed. Hopefully I'll be back in a few days.

taitzu52

First Post
Karl Green said:
If you want we can change it to a Longbow, but for the crossbow I will to think... maybe something of 'auto' crossbow (did you ever see the very B-movie Hawk, the Slayer? One of the characters had this automatic crossbow heh)
Dewd, can I get the cheesy Ladyhawk music to go with it?

Well, a bow would be particularly nasty, especially with Shock and/or Frost(are multiple damange types allowable on the same weapon?). But it takes away from my "shoot from the hip" aesthetic. It's down to form or function, I guess. Besides, I don't wanna take the wind out of Fury's sails with another repeating x-bow.

Karl Green said:
D'oh forgot to look up Tattoos last night. OK here was some basics
I might have to re-think some of that for 3.5 rules... hmmmm
Think away!! All I know about them is from the Permanancy spell. Any other notable references?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads