• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen!

GMSkarka

Explorer
If you're interested in "plug-n-play" supplemental material surrounding the Victorian era, I'd also humbly suggest our Imperial Age line of Victorian products. They were written with d20 Modern in mind, but are modular enough that they'd be easily adaptable to True20.

(We're also producing a supplement on Victorian heroes for Mutants & Masterminds, called Gaslight Guardians, under the Superlink license....but that's not out until December.)

SQuigley316

First Post
As someone who has purchased both the Passages and Imperial Age products let me say you can't go wrong with either, or both.

If you want to run a game using d20 that's not too complicated d20, I have to say Passages presents a system that is probably one of the more innovative I have seen in quite awhile.

As for Imperial Age it gives a ton of great information, and at the very least I would recommend picking up Imperial Age a GM guide to the Victorian Era no matter what system you run as it has alot of useful tips on the time period and appropriate challenges and such.

SQuigley316

First Post
Oooooo, from reading this thread and clicking on GMSkarka's Adamant link I just found that Imperial Age Victorian Monstsrosities was released. Will have to pick that up.

Maester Luwin

First Post
Thanks all for your comments & suggestions. GMSkarka I have all of your Imperial Age line & I love it! This with your Mars book could easily handle adventures & ideas for the League for some time to come. Justin I have purchased Passages & I am reading through it now. It looks great so far but I am still debating which system to use. Odhanan I have not seen Etherscope yet. Though is sounds like fun.

SQuigley316 thanks for your suggestions. After looking at both Imperial Age & Passages I would have to agree with your assessment. Again thanks everyone.

Any ideas on stating the League? Thanks Maester Luwin

Thanks for your business and to those with such nice things to say about Passages. That's rewarding.

Any ideas on stating the League?
First things first, you need to decide what system to use. If you go with Passages, I am more than happy to help with statting; if not, I'll give my best suggestions. How are you planning on running the campaign? Will the PCs be playing the League, or are you going to let them choose their own literary figures to play? I'd recommend the latter. Remember that there are several incarnations of the League (including this soon-to-be-released sequel).

Walt C

Explorer
Maester Luwin said:
Any ideas on stating the League? Thanks Maester Luwin

If you decide to go the Imperial Age d20 route:

Victorian Monstrosities has stats for Hyde, the Invisible Man, and Dorian Gray (although Dorian is only in the film version). Keep in mind that these are the literary interpretations and certain adjustments would have to be made for the comic or film versions.

Nemo could be statted as an Engineer (from IA: Engines). IA: Engines also includes a basic submersible (although IIRC, the soon-to-be-released IA: British India includes stats for the literary Nautilus).

I'd use TT: Big Game Hunter for Alan Quatermain.

To use the film version of Mina, take one of the vampires and change shapechange to bat swarm. For the film version of the Invisible Man, make Skinner an Infiltrator rather than a scientist.

Walt

Maester Luwin

First Post
Justin D. Jacobson said:
Thanks for your business and to those with such nice things to say about Passages. That's rewarding.

First things first, you need to decide what system to use. If you go with Passages, I am more than happy to help with statting; if not, I'll give my best suggestions. How are you planning on running the campaign? Will the PCs be playing the League, or are you going to let them choose their own literary figures to play? I'd recommend the latter. Remember that there are several incarnations of the League (including this soon-to-be-released sequel).

Thanks Justin. I am still reading through Passages. Looks good so far. Yet I am still torn between this & Grim Tales/ Imperial Age combo. I do like Passages & this may indeed be the thing for a certain Castle Frostmourn campaign which might do well for a chapter in the great book! Thanks Maester Luwin

Maester Luwin

First Post
Walt C said:
If you decide to go the Imperial Age d20 route:

Victorian Monstrosities has stats for Hyde, the Invisible Man, and Dorian Gray (although Dorian is only in the film version). Keep in mind that these are the literary interpretations and certain adjustments would have to be made for the comic or film versions.

Nemo could be statted as an Engineer (from IA: Engines). IA: Engines also includes a basic submersible (although IIRC, the soon-to-be-released IA: British India includes stats for the literary Nautilus).

I'd use TT: Big Game Hunter for Alan Quatermain.

To use the film version of Mina, take one of the vampires and change shapechange to bat swarm. For the film version of the Invisible Man, make Skinner an Infiltrator rather than a scientist.

Walt

Hey Walt C! Thanks for the suggestions. I can not wait to see the stats of the Nautilus! All the other Imperial Age supplements have been top notch. I also like the idea for the bat swarm. Yet I wish to stay more toward the comic version of Mina for now. Again thanks for now. Maester Luwin

Remove ads