Learning how to stream RPG sessions

I want to figure out how to stream and RPG session. I was told to download OBS, which is a program to stream your screen and audio. However, I don't understand how I'm supposed to go from having my friends on Zoom to that nifty setup where each player's face is accompanied by their name, and maybe there's a pane on the screen to show a map.

Stuff like that.

Is there a tutorial you could point me to?

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
I have not done this, but (like many things) there are a number of videos on YouTube. Not sure, but it does look like it might be better to decide beforehand where you are streaming to (YouTube, Twitch, Facebook, etc.) and where you are streaming from (Roll20, webcam, video game console, etc.).

I'm likely not going to bother with a virtual tabletop like Roll20. It would be me and four friends with webcams playing Level Up. I don't know if Twitch or YouTube is better for this.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
So maybe something like this? They are using Discord in this video, but I think the same technique would work for Zoom, too (again, a caveat, I have not streamed anything):

You may also want to try searching for "OBS overlay" - I think that is what you are trying to set up.

Remove ads