Ledded's Story Hour Miniatures thread- UPDATED Feb 25 Zeppelin Pictures

What kinds of pics from our table would you like to see more of?

• More detailed miniature pics

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • More detailed building/vehicle/terrain pics

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • More custom terrain big table 'builds' for a specific game scene

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • What are miniatures?

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Bah! Who cares, quit wasting server space with this drivel!

Votes: 0 0.0%

pogre

Legend
Ledded: Thanks for the pics. You can still tell these are excellent figs, despite your "lighting issues". You folks have a nice group of modern figures - one of the nicest collections I have seen!

Fenzer: A year-old blister - please, :uhoh: I have some figs in the blister from the mid 80's around here. A year old blister is the new stuff :D

ledded

Herder of monkies
pogre said:
Ledded: Thanks for the pics. You can still tell these are excellent figs, despite your "lighting issues". You folks have a nice group of modern figures - one of the nicest collections I have seen!
Thanks, there are a few I really liked, but many I just tried to put a good quick job on so I could get them on the table quickly. The sick part is, those pictures only represent about 60-70% of our *Modern* miniatures. There is a whole other shelf just below that one full of Star Wars miniatures, and about 4 - 5 *times* that amount in D&D miniatures that fill up a shelving unit by themselves.

I do appreciate the kind words Pogre; coming from an excellent painter like yourself, that's nice stuff to hear.

I did all of the Star Wars (the Trandoshan conversions I posted up there were one of my first attempts to do a "real" conversion, and I was somewhat pleased), 99.5% of the Modern, and a large percentage of the fantasy/D&D ones while Pierce and Fludogg have done a nice portion of them.

Since we started gaming together 3 1/2 years ago, I've probably painted over 500 minis, give or take a hundred :eek: (and that doesnt count the terrain)

Fenzer: A year-old blister - please, :uhoh: I have some figs in the blister from the mid 80's around here. A year old blister is the new stuff :D
You got that right... Fenzer, listen to this. I've got a couple boxes of TSR Star Frontiers miniatures; asking someone if they know what *those* are is like asking someone if they remember buying vinyl records.

I have at least 150 unpainted miniatures as any given time, with at least 20-30 or so in various stages of painting. Like I guy I once corresponded with on another forum said, after posting a pic of his basement hobby room that looked like a section of a FLGS... I have a compulsion to keep the ratio of painted to unpainted minis to at least 4:1 or above; I'm convinced that if I ever painted every mini I own down to the last one, at that exact moment I will die. So as soon as I get low, I collect a few more here and there.

Fenzer said:
By the way, where are the group pics? Come on guys, the next time you're together take a little snap shot and post it. Would it kill ya?
I would, but then you all would be able to distinguish the forum posting bots from the real people. And we just couldnt have that now, could we?

Plus, if you saw the pics you may be able to tell just how much Eyas drinks. If he is indeed a real person. :D

(Just kidding Eyas. Fludogg and I occasionally have a few drinks too :))

Last edited:

fenzer

Librarian, Geologist, and Referee
It's a true story about running out of minis to paint. No one wants to die.

As far as the group pics go, you're all a bunch of bums!

Last edited:

fenzer

ledded said:
You got that right... Fenzer, listen to this. I've got a couple boxes of TSR Star Frontiers miniatures; asking someone if they know what *those* are is like asking someone if they remember buying vinyl records.

Amen, my old-school buddy, we played Star Frontiers regularly. I loved that game. My favorite character was a Dralasite (?) named Fenzer. :cool:

ledded

Herder of monkies
I've gotten through sorting a good many of our table pics and just wanted to see what, if anything, people may be interested in seeing more of from our table so I posted up a poll to go with the thread. Feel free to chime in if you want.

fenzer

I voted yes across the board, trying to pad the outcome. I would love to see more of your handy work. And yes, fun family pics would be swell too, hint, hint.

ledded

Herder of monkies
New pics

Ok, we did our BnF 2 playtest scenario last night, one-on-one martial arts fights in strange locations randomly rolled off of a list, with the other 3 players doing a cooperative GM'ing (which was a ton of fun).

Here is one of the terrain locations rolled up, basically an extra-planar "hells mountain" that just rocked on the table.

Attachments

• HellsMountain.jpg
    HellsMountain.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 216
  • HellsMountain2.jpg
    HellsMountain2.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 186
  • HMMainGate.jpg
    HMMainGate.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 202

Pierce

First Post
Look at you doing some crazy photoshoppin'! No folks, we don't actually play in a sea of red hot mag-ma - them's just special effects.

That was pretty fun, tho.

ledded

Herder of monkies
Pierce said:
Look at you doing some crazy photoshoppin'! No folks, we don't actually play in a sea of red hot mag-ma - them's just special effects.

That was pretty fun, tho.
I have to say that either Eyas or Fludogg did that... I just pulled 'em off of our Yahoo group and posted 'em up here since Eyas had the camera.

Looks pretty cool, though, since the whole giant mountian was an island in a sea of hot magma. Too bad you cant see down the middle where all the magma and fiery bad creatures were hanging out.

Remove ads