Legacies: FR Campaign - Extract from Niriel's Journal

Ranes

Adventurer
Just an excerpt I wanted to share from a campaign diary being kept, in-character, by one of the players in the game I'm in. It's taken from the climax of yesterday's session.

The party
Jinx elf assassin
Niriel elf (sometimes avariel) wizard
Roth formerly human, now axiomatic outsider, cleric
Drift mysterious halfling wizard
Callus human bard
Dent dwarf fighter (me)

To explain: the party is in a temple that seems to have been translocated from somewhere in Faerun to a frozen demi-plane. With the party's cleric and one of the wizards temporarily plane-shifted elsewhere, Niriel records what happens when the three remaining members encounter a huge, white dragon...

...The dragon yawned, stretched, and began walking across in a leisurely sort of way. My memory's a bit hazy as to the details of the following conversation, but as far as I can remember, it went something like this:

Dragon: "So you're finally here."
Jinx: "Greetings, sir dragon. What can we do for you?"
Dragon: "You can stand still while I eat you. It's been far too long since I've had fresh meat."
Me: "Um . . . is there any chance you could just let us go?"
Dragon: "Not really. Oh, I know. Give me the elf and you two can leave."
Dent: "Heh. You're trapped here too, aren't ya?"
Dragon: "Are you taunting me?"
Dent: "Yeah."
(dragon breathes on him)

I suppose Dent had already passed his thirty-second limit of talking to an evil creature without attacking or provoking it. It didn't really make a difference anyway...

By all means, head over to our messageboard to read the whole thing. Benedict - who plays Niriel - is a fine writer.

Remove ads