• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Legacy of Death Part VII: Little Granny knows Hades

dyermaker001

Explorer
"I have the scrying rituals, i just don't have a scrying device right now. If we find anything here (a mirror, shield, pool of water) of the proper value, i can do what is needed. This room seems significant in it's lack of magical interference, we may need to bring the device here. I wonder if any of the liquid treasure below would work. Also, the mouse might know where we should go. I think we should return to the cellar."

Buckthorn

First Post
"If we go "up" the stairs, I think we will wind up back in the basement. We explored the basement pretty well, but that is also where we lost Forge so it may be worth another look. Yes, let's go up the stairs. And maybe find the mouse."

Buckthorn will also try to track the dwarf (Nature check). Any sight sound (or smell) of our dwarf?

Buckthorn used one healing surge, he has 5 left. Buckthorn used both his dailies: Trick Shot and Barbed Arrows.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
You all follow the ranger and make your way back to the armor museum then eventually find the cellar.

If you want to try to, say, look around here, you can make perception checks on roll20.

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/208941/the-hut

cellar.jpg

Buckthorn

First Post
Yes, Buckthorn will look around the cellar (Perception) (33). In particular looking for any signs of Forge (tracks, etc) or for the Mouse.

Last edited:

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
You all have tramped through a fair bit, leaving lots of tracks. Fortunately, Forges' are pretty easy to pick out. It looks like he went to where you just came out of (the armor museum, where you know he was), the stairs going to the hut entrance (again, you know he was there), the door on the bottom of the map (where you all went without him--where does it go?) and the door on the right (same thing, you all went without him--where does it go?)

Didn't Nar have some kind of plan?

dyermaker001

Explorer
Nar goes back into the wine cellar, (door to the right of the map I think) and searches for an appropriate vintage of something clear, in a clear bottle that could be of proper value to use as scrying device. Like an improvised crystal ball. 31 Perception.

If he finds something he will perform detect object, naming forge's axe. The sensor will last 3 rounds (27 arcana) and transmit sounds and sight with darkvision.

OOC: Nar is at 85HP, 1 surge used. Dailies Used: Feast of Destruction, Burning Transformation, Ioun Stone.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Nar confirms, unintentionally, that one of the places Forge did go to was the wine cellar, but he is not there now.

He finds his expensive "little water" (which would be worth a lot in many places), and heads back to the fancy chamber.

The warlord stays with him, and not just to test the libations (are his robes rattling with glass...?).

If any body wants to do anything else in the meantime, post...now where was Forge?

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Nar and the warlord and the cat return to the great domed chamber. I will assume the other two follow (?)

Nar begins the ritual (DM rolls...).

Remove ads