• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Legacy of the Crystal Shard Minis, Maps, and Stuff

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
Originally posted by AlHazredLiane the Wayfarer:

Waterfall Cavern - still working on this one. - might have to be a custom job.
If my memory serves me, there was a waterfall cavern map in the Keep on the Shadowfell adventure.

Last edited:

RealAlHazred

Originally posted by SublimeBW:

Darkraven3 wrote:sublime would it be possible to get your beastiary in the docx format instead of the pdf - Im running level 6-9 and would like to make changes without having to type it all in. thanks in advance

I adjusted the documents so they should download in docx format. I also updated some of the ACs so you can use this link to get the newer ACs or you can use the link in the older post for the originals. The only difference between the two are the ACs.

Enjoy!

RealAlHazred

Originally posted by Vobeskhan:

Dont know why I didnt think of it before but the maps from "Cairn of the Winter King" (the adventure that came with the 4e Monster Vault boxed set) should be good for this season too.

The shoreline camp coul dbe used for the Bear Camp beside the sacred pool, and the main Cairn map could possibly be used for either the Verbeeg Lair/Halls of Black Ice/Thugs Hideout.

RealAlHazred

Originally posted by sliceoffruit:

16. photos 3.jpg

RealAlHazred

Originally posted by AlHazredLiane the Wayfarer:

My players really got along with Ogden Flamebeard, proprietor of the Kelvin’s Comfort inn in Bryn Shander. As a result, I'll probably use the following image and make a character card for him:
Big ass beard

Last edited:

RealAlHazred

Originally posted by Vobeskhan:

preparing for this weeks session I was looking at the stats for the young remorhaz and something felt missing, so I dragged out my old 1e and 2e monster manuals and compared them.

Now as written its fine for a level 2 party, but as with many of us, I'm running at a higher level (5th currently) and have found that nearly all the monsters hit like little girls. This isnt helped by having a large player group this season as we're a DM down till Scourge starts, With average turnout between 7-9 players a week I've had to up the ante in each encounter so far but never have the party truly felt "threatened", even a pair of Verbeeg and 10 goblins posed little more than a hiccup.

So, taking inspiration mainly from the 2e version I came up with these alternative stats for the Young Remorhaz:-

Large Monstrosity
Armor Class overall 18, head 16, underbelly 14  (Monster AC's are horrendously low)
Hit Points 78 (6d10 + 18)  (throughout Next we have always given main monster full HP, but usually keep "minions" at the lower level)
Speed 60 ft., burrow
Senses Blindsight 25 ft., darkvision 50 ft., low-light vision
Str18 (+4)    Dex14 (+2)    Con  16 (+3)
Int2 (-4)    Wis13 (+1)    Cha  7 (-2)
Traits
Burrow: The remorhaz can burrow through ice and snow at its speed, and through the earth at one-third its speed. When burrowing through earth, ice, or packed snow, the remorhaz leaves behind a 5 ft. wide tunnel.
Heat: Any creature or object that touches the remorhaz' back takes 5d6+5 fire damage (DC 15 Dex save for half)
Immunities: The remorhaz is immune to fire and cold.
Actions
Melee Attack – Bite: +5 to hit (reach 10 ft.; one creature).
Hit: 20 (4d8 + 4) piercing damage, on a crit a Medium or smaller target must make a DC 13 Strength or Dexterity saving throw.
Failed Save: The target is grappled and is restrained while grappled. While it has a creature grappled in this way, the remorhaz can use its bite attack against only that creature. In addition, whenever a creature ends its turn grappled in this way, it takes 5d6+5 fire damage. A remorhaz can grapple only one creature at a time.
Save v magic at +6 (originally remorhaz had 75% MR)

We're planning on running this encounter with a battle grid so it will be easy to see if pc's are attacking the different ac's and also to use the famed remorhaz trait of its super-heated back.

I'll let you know how its works out in the session write up later in the week.

RealAlHazred

Originally posted by Spykes:

Nice. We are also fighting the Remorhaz this week. These are my stats. My guys are level 6 now, so he is a little beefier than your, but your looks like he hits harder.

Remorhaz - (Large)
Huge Monstrosity
Armor Class 20
Hit Points 108 (10d12+24)
Speed 50 ft. burrow
Senses blindsight 25ft., darkvision 50 ft., low-light vision
Str 20 (+5)      Dex 14 (+2)     Con 15 (+2)
Int 2 (-4)          Wis 13 (+1)     Cha 7 (-2)
Alignment unaligned
Languages --

Traits                                                                           
Burrow: The remorhaz can burrow through ice and snow at its speed, and through the earth at one-third its speed. When burrowing through earth, ice, or packed snow, the remorhaz leaves behind a 5 ft. wide tunnel.

Heat: Any creature or object that touches the remorhaz takes 8 (2d6) fire damage.

Magic Resistance: The ramorhaz has +6 on saving throws vs. magical effects.

Immunities: The remorhaz is immune to fire and cold.

Actions                                                                                   
Multiattack: The remohaz gains two initiative spots separated by 10.

Melee Attack - Bite: +8 to hit (reach 10 ft.; one creature). Hit: 12 (1d12 +5) piercing damage, and a medium or smaller creature must make a DC 15 Strength or Dexterity saving throw. Failed Save: The target is grappled and is restrained while grappled. While it has a creature grappled, the remorhaz can use it’s bite attack with advantage, but only against the grappled creature. Whenever a creature ends it’s turn grappled, it takes 8 (2d6) fire damage. It may grapple only one creature at a time. If a bite attack misses by 2 or less, the target takes heat damage from a touch.

Melee Attack - Touch: +8 to hit (reach 10 ft.; one creature). Hit: 8 (2d6) fire damage.

RealAlHazred

Originally posted by Darkraven3:

I decided to make my own maps for the final encounter with the Ice Witch, here is what I am using.

Audience Hall
16. map Audience Hall.png
http://www.4shared.com/photo/6fti_t--ba/Audience_Hall.html

Temple of the Storm
16. map Temple of the Storm_0.png
http://www.4shared.com/photo/VTHj9MEUce/Temple_of_the_Storm.html

Ice Witch Sanctum
16. map Ice Witch Sanctum.png
http://www.4shared.com/photo/tBvL8IfUba/Ice_Witch_Sanctum.html

I have png, jpg or pdf version avalible (pdf you can print out and tape together.) Also because my group is playing at higher levels (7-9), fire based spell are reduced by half within the Shard. New spell for Kessar --  Snowball (fireball with ice shards.)

Remove ads