Legacy of the Silver Dragon: Chapter 1 (Chickens, Demons, and a Missing Girl)

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Odd indeed. LM... Lady Mirelle? That would be quite the coincidence, and yet... Antares distractedly whispers blowing, airy words as he considers this, his right hand gesturing up, and up. The ugly green rug by the bed starts glowing in faint gold, rising and rising with each motion of his hand. The young man shakes those thoughts away for now, closes the book with a snap and pears at the cleaner section of floor thus uncovered...

OOC: Antares look under the rug and the nearest section of the bed.

<Assuming nothing of interest:
With a shrug, Antares grabs the desk lamp and clambers downstairs to meet with the rest of the company. He announces, rather proudly: "I found a diary, and a lamp... And I'm assuming the missing girl is to be found at the bottom of this well?" he adds after a few seconds of observation.

After his companions fill him in: "So creatures unknown either caused her fall or found her swooning and, far from chivalrous rescue, dragged her into its dank subterranean lair, all unwilling...?" A pause as the rope sways and jerks with Muzdin's descent. "I hesitate to say, dear friends, but should we not -ah- warn the town constabulary before venturing forth? No one knows of our quest or location save fair Erenie." And she has shown.... little inclination for gossip.

<Response Bosco. Mysthyr, Stellan, (Muzdin)?>

Binder Fred

The elf bravely resists the urge to miaow - or possibly do something catty like set the rope on fire... "And now that we have heard from the least survival-prone member of our company..." He looks to the other three.

OOC: Lol. Well said, VV!

gambler1650

Explorer
Stellan looks over the edge, and says, "About time we found something... fun." He checks that his gear is strapped on, and turns to Antares, "So, where do you want to be? In the middle? At the end? Guarding the well?" And then he grins, and climbs in after Myst, or Antares depending on what Antares decides.

(OOC: Will wait another day for Bosco, and then put him at the end of the line.. feel free to describe what's going on as you climb in).

Binder Fred

Myst waits until Muzdim is clear of the rope and then grabs hold himself and starts climbing down.

Antares's eyes widen in hurt disbelief: the silent treatment?! His - very sensible, he thought - question left entirely uncommented? What has he done to deserve such? *Has* he done something to deserve such? "Have I offended him in some way?" he asks of Stellan and Bosco, blinking back a bothersome tear that refuses to go away.

<Response Bosco, Stellan, (Mysthyr)?>

"There's nothing out here worth looking at," Bosco quips, zipping down into the well, climbing down the rope to the side-tunnel.
"Ah, but there you are mistaken, oh master of swift judgments," calls Antares after him, casting the rest of his comments down the bricked orifice itself. "Already a diary have I found, which might illuminate some aspects of these twin tragedies!" A look around the rather sinister room: the piled jagged debris, hard beaten floor, rows of solemn pickling barrels, Stellan's eager face, already smudged in several places... "Though I admit the lady's rescue must likely come first... Are we sure we don't want to warn the constabulatory?" he tries one last time.

<Response any?>

<Assuming not:
Well, how far can a crack in the wall likely extend? It is not as if they lived in fabled Trenilitron, she of immemorial age, where every living house is build upon collapsed house, ground up streets, compacted and forgotten temples of ages past, in layers near infinite. Askadar is young, built fast on the hardened bones of formerly forested hills... "Is there even space for us down there?"

<Response Muzdin, Bosco, Mysthyr?>

<Assuming so again:
A sigh: "You may go first, friend Stellan... and perhaps catch me if I fall? Speaking of, I would like it back at bottom, but this might break during my descent?" He extends the lamp he stole from upstairs.

OOC: Antares will go last. ;)

"We are already in the well, Antares, no one wants to climb back out to go speak to the local law enforcers," Myst says, trying to ensure his voice carries back up to the elf without having to yell. "Anna is my priority now. I have no idea if she is down here but the sooner we find her, the better. We've wasted enough time. I pray to Pelor she yet lives."

gambler1650

Explorer
Muzdim climbs easily towards the bottom of the well, and no one else has any problems (assuming everyone's taking their time). He will reach the bottom first. Again, the smell of freshly disturbed earth comes to your noses, stronger as you climb down.

Stellan takes the lamp from Antares with a smile before he goes in. "Thanks." There's definitely an excitement present in his voice, and then he climbs in after the two clerics.

OOC: OOC: Let me know if anyone's doing anything special before reaching the bottom of the well. I assume the order is: Muzdim, Myst, Stellan, Bosco, Antares based on what I've seen...

"We are already in the well, Antares, no one wants to climb back out to go speak to the local law enforcers," Myst says, trying to ensure his voice carries back up to the elf without having to yell. "Anna is my priority now. I have no idea if she is down here but the sooner we find her, the better. We've wasted enough time. I pray to Pelor she yet lives."

Remove ads