Legacy of the Silver Dragon: Chapter 1 (Chickens, Demons, and a Missing Girl)

Voda Vosa

First Post
Ok, I'll assume that's the first thing you do after Myst's quick reaction is stated..

When you say 'advance', tell me precisely what you're planning to do. Thanlks!

Basically moving close to the undead, looking for an opening. While keeping his eyes on the creature's possible weapons (claws?). Muzdim will keep his shield to deflect any incoming blows and counter attack. If not hostile actions from the skeleton, Muzdim will try to smash it's head non the less.

Myst retreats a couple of steps into the side passage leading back the way he came upon sighting the skeleton. He doesn't retreat far enough into the tunnel to not be able to see it, just a couple of steps. He grabs the holy symbol hanging around his neck, holding it out in front of himself in the direction of the skeleton.

When the skeleton starts its awkward movement forward, Myst calls out, "Pelor commands you begone, foul creature of undeath!"

OOC: Yes, that would be a turn attempt. And I do believe I know what's going on here but Myst has no clue... ;)

gambler1650

Explorer
Myst feels the power of Pelor surge through him and out at the skeleton in front of him. He waits for the skeleton to crumble to dust as it surely would if it were a simple skeleton. And nothing at all happens. He too notices the odd angle and immobility as the skeleton moves - almost glides - in his direction.

At right about the same time, Bosco is moving away instinctively but then says:
"Be careful -- something's surrounding the skeleton, carrying it this way." before he ducks into the side passage...

Muzdim starts moving forward, and Stellan crowds up to the T intersection behind him. As Bosco passes him, he reaches for and grabs his torch from the halfling and then moves to Muzdim's right so they can stand side by side. "Finally, something _I_ can do!" His weapon is in one hand, the torch in the other as he paces himself with the dwarf.

The skeleton continues to move - slowly, and is about 30 feet from the T intersection at this point. Muzdim and Stellan have gone about 10 feet forward, leaving 20 feet between themselves and the skeleton (I'm reducing the full move they could have made to take into account that Myst and Bosco got to react first, to allow for reactions to what they had done/said).

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Be careful -- something's surrounding the skeleton, carrying it this way." before he ducks into the side passage...
"Does it?" marvels the elven mage. And one of the undead as well. He's never seen - or felt... Antares does a little dance of hesitation - back, then forth, then, with a breath, forth all the way to the intersection by brother Myst's side! "Oh," he exclaims as he sees the advancing beast, the moving backs of Muzdin and Stellan silhouetted before it, weapons and armor gleaming in the torchlight...

His delighted smile fades some after just a few heartbeats, dread starting to take its place: "Ah... It's floating. With coins. And a ghostly aura." The reality of battling this... thing are starting to surface -- like mud-encrusted leviathans of black ice rising madly towards the surface of his mind. The first one breaches hard as Stellan and the dwarven priest just - keep - on - advancing: "Are we even sure it's corporeal?!"

Breathing heavy, eyes starting to show the surrounding whites, Antares claws dirt and rock from the tunnel side, not caring at the moment what it does to his carefully tended nails. "If I may?" he asks/warns - pure, unthinking reflex of the way he was raised - before tossing the pebbly clump at the thing without pause for hypothetical replies.

(He's, really, *really* hoping it goes right through, actually. Because then he and his friends will be free to RUN AWAY!)

OOC: Move equivalent to pick up a handful of dirt and pebbles, please, then throw them at the skeleton using the gap over Muzdin's head.

Last edited:

gambler1650

Explorer
The dirt and pebbles most definitely don't go right through whatever is carrying the skeleton. They seem to hit something solid, but sticky.. a few inches in front of the skeleton itself. Some of the pebbles and dirt fall off. Others stay attached, even appearing to be drawn further inside whatever is moving down the corridor towards the party. Closer now, and with the eyes drawn to where the earth is clinging instead of the skeleton inside, everyone can see the sort of shimmering, translucent effect that surrounds the coins and bones inside. It appears as though the flung pebbles and earth gives the thing pause, as it slows down for a moment before moving forward again.

OOC: This is still all going on at about the same time as what was below. So Muzdim and Stellan are about 20 feet from skeleton, and whatever is surrounding it.

"Does it?" marvels the elven mage. And one of the undead as well. He's never seen - or felt... Antares does a little dance of hesitation - back, then forth, then, with a breath, forth all the way to the intersection by brother Myst's side! "Oh," he exclaims as he sees the advancing beast, the moving backs of Muzdin and Stellan silhouetted before it, weapons and armor gleaming in the torchlight...

His delighted smile fades some after just a few heartbeats, dread starting to take its place: "Ah... It's floating. With coins. And a ghostly aura." The reality of battling this... thing are starting to surface -- like mud-encrusted leviathans of black ice rising madly towards the surface of his mind. The first one breaches hard as Stellan and the dwarven priest just - keep - on - advancing: "Are we even sure it's corporeal?!"

Breathing heavy, eyes starting to show the surrounding whites, Antares claws dirt and rock from the tunnel side, not caring at the moment what it does to his carefully tended nails. "If I may?" he asks/warns - pure, unthinking reflex of the way he was raised - before tossing the pebbly clump at the thing without pause for hypothetical replies.

(He's, really, *really* hoping it goes right through, actually. Because then he and his friends will be free to RUN AWAY!)

OOC: Move equivalent to pick up a handful of dirt and pebbles, please, then throw them at the skeleton using the gap over Muzdin's head.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Oi, think I know what it is." says the dwarf as the turn attempt fails and the dirt attatches to the creature "Its a gellatinous cube! Quick burn it with something!"

At Muzdim's command to burn it, Myst steps forward and attempts to strike it with his torch, prepared to move back if it continues to advance. The cleric has no desire to get caught up in the sticky mass like some of the pebbles did.

gambler1650

Explorer
Myst's swipe of the torch doesn't strike the advancing, shimmering wall directly due to misjudging the speed of its advance and the transparent nature.. But the heat seems to interact enough with the substance of the creature to bring a whiff of acid to the noses of the front rank (now Myst and Stellan).

Stellan looks at his torch, and his weapon, and swaps them in his hands before swinging at the shimmering target in front of him.

OOC: I'm using the Option 2 rules from the S&W core rulebook (page 29 of the PDF, page 28 of the physical book).

gambler1650

Explorer
Stellan misses badly, misjudging the distance...

The creature pauses for just a moment as Myst's torch brushes near it - perhaps affected by the heat, but then surges forward in an attempt to apparently run into the two men at the front of the party.

D6 roll to determine who it will run into if it hits, followed by D20 roll to hit.

Remove ads