Legacy of the Silver Dragon: Chapter 1 (Chickens, Demons, and a Missing Girl)

Having no intention of attempting what the elf tried, Myst is content to let the creature retreat. He turns to his companions. "There certainly must be something down here that will give us a clue what these creatures might be, or at the very least a clue as to what happened to Anna. I'm not even entirely convinced that this creature is Anna." The cleric waits for any input his cohorts offer before slowly starting off in the direction that the creature went.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Antares' attempt is anything but graceful, as he trips over an unseen, imaginary, deceased turtle He manages to maintain his balance,
barely, and mostly by cleverly using most of his upper body to bang against the left-hand wall.

Toric_Arthendain said:
Myst turns to his companions. "There certainly must be something down here that will give us a clue what these creatures might be, or at the very least a clue as to what happened to Anna. I'm not even entirely convinced that this creature is Anna."
Antares straightens himself, somewhat forlorn as he holds on to his banged elbow. Not... as bad an outcome as he had feared, but still somehow far from entirely satisfactory. "Then she is another lost girl, Brother of the Shining God, perhaps from an earlier time... Does it matter?" His wide green eyes ask the question in all honesty.

<Response Mysthyr?>

"As to clues," he holds up his bleached fingers. "With just a touch."

[sblock=OOC]
Yes, the attempt to jump forward and grab something that's trying to escape feels much more like a DEX check...
Though Jumping, which traditionnaly includes landing in the right spot, is usually a Str-based skill. Just arguing for the pleasure of it now, you understand. :)

(bonus imaginary XP for anyone who gets the reference).
I'm going to go with Disk World, the Small Gods novel (plenty of turtles in there, right?).[/sblock]

gambler1650

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Though Jumping, which traditionnaly includes landing in the right spot, is usually a Str-based skill. Just arguing for the pleasure of it now, you understand. :)

I'm going to go with Disk World, the Small Gods novel (plenty of turtles in there, right?).[/sblock]

OOC: Arguments could be made either way. The description of what you attempted to do: quickly moving from a stop to a run, and then leaping at something trying to escape - which happened to be moving along a wall - felt more like something that would require coordination of various limbs, balance and direction sense... :) To me, that was DEX.

Actually, the Rolemaster Fumble Charts...

"Then she is another lost girl, Brother of the Shining God, perhaps from an earlier time... Does it matter?" His wide green eyes ask the question in all honesty.

"Yes, it does. Anna is my concern here, not some lost girl from a time past," Myst replies with conviction. "As sad as it may be, assuming that this creature really is a human that has been changed somehow, I'm down here looking for a girl who has been missing for a relatively short time. So I'd say it matters plenty."

The cleric then begins heading off again in the direction the creature went, looking for Anna as well as answers, particularly as to what these alien beings might be.

Binder Fred

"There is the pouch she wears at her belt," mentions the young mage as he trots after, trying not to remember the rest of her in that area, "that might shed some light on her true self, be it old or new..." A pregnant pause. "So there is a date of expiry on heroic rescues?" He had never heard of such a thing.... though one rarely hears of old princesses being finally rescued, did one?

<Response Mysthyr?>

Last edited:

Myst tries to stifle his laughter but fails. "Rescue? Is that what you were trying to do? No, there isn't an expiry on heroic rescue but that thing, if it was indeed a human being at one time appears beyond rescue to me."

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"There might be secrets worth investigating about this transmuting waters. Anyone got a vial?" The dwarf seems to be speaking to non, and to all at the same time, while he stares at the pond of strange water.

gambler1650

Explorer
The tunnel the creature ran down goes north for a few paces, then turns west, after a few more paces, and finally curves to the right (north). The flickering light of the torches reveals the tunnel continues approximately 30 feet to the north before curving again to the right (east).

Ahead of the group (in whatever marching order is chosen... Myst appears to be at the front, Stellan will bring up the rear again), the ghostly skinned creature - still hanging on the wall - has paused to look down at the ground near where the tunnel curves right again. It looks back at the arriving group, hisses again and moves to disappear around the corner.

OOC: If anyone wants to respond to Muzdin's query, feel free to do so as well - I'll assume there was enough time to do so.. or at least a hasty dip of a vial for instance into the pool.

Last edited:

gambler1650

Explorer
OOC: Just to let people know. I will be away starting tomorrow until next Tuesday for a wedding/vacation. I may have some internet access but it might be sporadic, so we'll likely be on a hiatus until then...

Binder Fred

Myst tries to stifle his laughter but fails. "Rescue? Is that what you were trying to do? No, there isn't an expiry on heroic rescue but that thing, if it was indeed a human being at one time appears beyond rescue to me."
"Perhaps you are right... but without even trying?" He tilts his head to the side, bi-coloured hair now sprinkled with a fine layer of pale dust -- as they are all beginning to be.

(Was this right? Did rescue happen early or not at all? With, most shockingly, no-one telling the tale of failed attempts?! A surprising bias on his record of past deeds!)

"There might be secrets worth investigating about this transmuting waters. Anyone got a vial?" The dwarf seems to be speaking to non, and to all at the same time, while he stares at the pond of strange water.
"I fear, unless one was discovered since last I asked for same over the gelatin beast..." The voice of the willowy elf is full of shared sympathy.

And then he stops. Heads back towards the dwarf at speed, hand on the brightly decorated scroll case at his hip. "Ink! I have ink!" His expression darkens some as consequences seep in: "Sepia ink of finest quality, from master Wittlefinch's apothecary... Will you share the cost of replacement, master dwarf? I would not normally ask, but my finances being as they are... And to be unable to write." He shudders slightly at the very thought!

<Response Muzdin?>

If Muzdin agrees, Antares will extract the glass vial containing the ink and regretfully spill its content by the jutting rock near the center of the room, some ways away from the pool itself.

"Parchment," he murmurs to himself as he carefully, somewhat joyfully fills the newly freed container, careful of his fingers this time, "I should have used folded parchment to gather the slime of the gelatin beast!" He would- he will do so on their way back, when they went to gather up the bonified remains of the deceased.

OOC: With Muzdin's OK, fill the vial, stopper it tight and then return it to his scrollcase before trotting back after Mysthyr, please.
The tunnel the creature ran down goes north for a few paces, then turns west, after a few more paces, and finally curves to the right (north). The flickering light of the torches reveals the tunnel continues approximately 30 feet to the north before curving again to the right (east).

Ahead of the group the ghostly skinned creature - still hanging on the wall - has paused to look down at the ground near where the tunnel curves right again. It looks back at the arriving group, hisses again and moves to disappear around the corner.
"Very... intestinal," nervously comments Antares as they progress forward. He is... not at all comfortable with the image of them wandering the constricting interior of some pebbly beast, presumably having been swallowed whole beforehand - a flash of the basement well - unless they entered through the wrong side?!

Ugh. A quick - and much needed - change of mental tracks: "I think she's slowing herself so that we may follow?" Surely she could run much faster if she wanted to? He accelerates his steps, bruised elbow forgotten for now.

OOC: Antares is not the most suspiscious of fellows. :)

Remove ads