Legacy of the Stone Assembly, Chapter I: The Cabal, The Quill, and the Concord

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
[sblock=Spell]
Casting Spatial Awareness: Gnosis 1 + Space 1 + High Speech 2 = 4 dice
2 successes.[/sblock]

Jeremiah tuned his vision to detect spatial anomalies in the area, and immediately noticed that the area was enveloped in a powerful spell, which vibrated and buzzed like a swarm of locusts through every wall, floor, and ceiling he could see.

[sblock=Scrutinize]Operating on the assumption that Jeremiah will want to scrutinize the spell, at least a little, here's one (of a possible 9) roll to scrutinize:
Int3+Occ2+Dens1+Bonus2+Equipment1=9 dice, 2 successes.[/sblock]

He produced a crystal from his pocket and, squinting through it, read the intensity of the spell for clues. It was an apprentice-level Space spell meant to block out other applications of the Space arcanum, and it hissed with an overwhelming intensity, the power of twenty-three simple castings.

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
"Here goes nothing..." muttered Gabriel, and began a High Speech incantation. "Prekiniti ta duh klavir!"

The assembled mages watched as the piano's Twilight expression cracked, splintered, and shattered into shards of ephemera, which fell onto the floor, liquefied, and seeped into the cracks in the floorboards. A small man hobbled out through the front of the piano, supporting himself on a cane.

A foot tall, pale and bearded, the little man looked profoundly unreal. He seemed to flicker and freeze periodically, like a TV signal being blocked out, and appeared as a two-dimensional projection.

hella_tellah-albums-legacy-stone-assembly-picture361-revisionist-spirit.jpg

Speaking softly to Thorn, "I had thought the spirits to manifest in a manner with more substance. Although this method may provide a certain insight into importance."

[sblock=OOC]I think there were spells that people wanted to cast as soon as the spirit became visible.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"Yeah," Thorn replies thoughtfully. "This isn't how they usually look..."

She steps forward and puts a hand out over the spirit, a little like a cat pinning a mouse to the floor under its paw. Then she closes her eyes, leans forward, and inhales deeply through her nose.

The vision of the spirit was how the spirit -chose- to appear...that's what Hugo had taught her. It might be true, or a lie. But the truth of the spirits essence could be found by those who knew the trick of it.

She opens her eyes after taking in the spirit's scent, and some trick of the light makes her pupils look widely dilated; a stalking feline's eyes.

"Who are you?" she asks it.

(trying to suss out the spirit's bans and whatever other info can be learned)

Last edited:

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
"Who are you?" she asks it.

(trying to suss out the spirit's bans and whatever other info can be learned)

[sblock=OOC]Sounds like an advanced application of the Knowing practice to me! Gnosis (2) + Spirit (2) - Resistance (?) = ? dice, 0 successes.[/sblock]
"I am a fragment of the events of the Alpha, my dear," the spirit replied. "Built by Henry Hobson Richardson, the F.L. Higginson House is a perfect example of the Richardsonian style wrought in bearing masonry. Charles Bulfinch was an early American architect, and has been regarded by many as the first native-born American to practice architecture as a profession. During the period when Thompson was with TAC, he also started a business called 'Design Research' which specialized in the design of accessory products."

His words matched to the movement of his lips only poorly. Thorn was reminded of Clint Eastwood in "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly"; it was as though the spirit's voice had been dubbed over in some other language and then re-dubbed in english.

"Spirit, this world is beta. None of the people that you encountered or store information on from alpha exist here."

[sblock=ooc]Poking around for the ban.

Edit: I tried to put this up a while ago, but apparently it didn't come up.[/sblock]

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
"Spirit, this world is beta. None of the people that you encountered or store information on from alpha exist here."

"Silly boy," the spirit answered, "This world hasn't gone entirely over to beta--not yet, anyway. She skipped along the rocks leading into her grandmother's kitchen, a fine, old-world home that spoke of Howard's Rock's tradition and small-town comforts. 'The fire won't die down,' shouted the fire marshal. Julianna had neither the patience nor energy to argue with Robert, so she simply rocked back and forth in the chair her grandfather carved."

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn put a hand to her forehead and sighed. This alpha beta stuff was starting to piss her off.

"Keep talking to it. I wanna go get...some...like brochure or something that shows what's really here. Maybe if we can prove it's wrong, it'll go away."

She turns and starts grabbing leaflets and brochures and little packets of info from other rooms in the house.

"Spirit, I am quite sure in fact that alpha has not been present in this world for some time. Should you seek to spout such useless information, I would request you do it elsewhere. In fact, beta boasts several offices of information which would simply adore your presence should you boast of alpha within their premises."

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
"Spirit, I am quite sure in fact that alpha has not been present in this world for some time. Should you seek to spout such useless information, I would request you do it elsewhere. In fact, beta boasts several offices of information which would simply adore your presence should you boast of alpha within their premises."

The spirit laughed. "Certainly, I imagine you'd notice if you were, at this moment, living in the city of Broken Eyes! There was a crash, and the wrecking ball tore through the side of the old church. Mr. Davies truly believed his plans were accurate--not without justification. Given the materials available, who could construct a better office building than Sylas?
"Now, could one of you fine people kindly direct me to the recording studio of mister--" he referenced a set of notes in his breast pocket "Steven Tyler? Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. is an American multinational semiconductor company based in Sunnyvale, California, that develops computer processors and related technologies for commercial and consumer markets. From its 2007 acquisition of 100 percent ownership of H3C Technologies Co., Limited -- what was initially a joint venture with China-based Huawei Technologies -- 3Com today has a leading market presence in China, and a significant networking market share in Europe, Asia, and the Americas. The company's first store was opened in Brighton, Massachusetts in 1986."

Remove ads