• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Legacy of the Tempest, Chapter I: Artful Beginning

Creamsteak

Explorer
As the night rolls on, after the Druid and those who would have none of the meeting leave, the planning stages of the attack against the Tempest began. As the brave leaders of the survivors of Archon work diligently into the night, they plan to hide the non-combatants of their varying peoples and to provide them with a method to sustain themselves

-End Prologue 1
-Begin Prologue 2

(The group consists of just the player characters, armed with the gear you selected for yourselves in the character thread.)

Sitting on the edge of a canyon overlooking one of the hive clusters of the beholderkin, six brave individuals look into the maw of their enemies. Below these heroes are six "beholders" engaged in battle with a titanic monster belonging to the Tempest. As the rain pours down, the six fiendish monsters with their deadly gazes try with everything they have to stop the creature. It shrugs off the force of each gaze, then brings itself down on the creatures in unison. The loud shreeks of the monster and the creatures it does battle with shake the earth below.

From the meeting: "Thank you for your help. Our objective is to acquire the tempests weapons from their encampment outside the hive cluster at the edge of the Eyes Canyon. Stay away from their main force and the beholders, they'll rip you apart as fast as they can. In order for our plan to succeed, we need to acquire some of their magic. We agreed that our best bet is to aid the underdarkers in their war by straining the enemies equipment. Be back before sunrise, be careful."

Equipment
Map of the Canyon with a red x marked where the enemy munitions camp is located. You are now on the southern edge of the east-west canyon, about one mile from the enemy camp when you encountered the massive monster belonging to the tempest hoardes. As it munches on the beholders during the night, while they try their hardest to protect their caverns, you can see one of the Tempest "Dropships" sitting unnoccupied only one hundred yards away.

Caliber

Explorer
"Well here we are, friends. In their arrogance, they've left one of their vessels unguarded. I say we take the advantages that are given us."

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:So, we do or do not have the Tempedt Firearms discussed in the OoC thread?

IC:'So, what shall our play be? Perhaps we should waltz up and introduce ourselves? A House-warming gift for their ship, yes, that sounds good...No, that shall no do,unless it is a slit throat...they do appreciate such gestures, and it would go so well with the drapes, I think....Well, I think I'll get a closer look...'
Amrath moves out, low, to get a closer look at the ship.

<Move Silently +6, Hide +6, Spot +9.Listen +9 Search +10 >

Jarval

Explorer
Letting the far stealthier Amrath scout ahead, Surtsey loads his crossbow and kneels ready to shoot any Tempest creature that might attack his ally.

Macbeth

First Post
Ketrik

Ketrik is ready for action. Finally, my destiny has come..
"This is it. Time to show the doubters what the fututre truly holds. Lets take the drop ship, and try our best to make use of what we find inside. What better way to defeat the tempest then with their own weapons?"

Creamsteak

Explorer
(You do not have any tempest firearms just yet. None of that is in your hands at this point.)

Amrath's silence might be lacking (9 total), but just as he begins to stealth (14 total) out across the open ground deafening noise can be hurd from the far south. A small hill, maybe one hundred yards high, obscures the sight of the screaming noises and thunder coming from the south. Amrath moves forwards still yet, nearing the Tempest dropship. This U shaped craft, which normally floats in the sky with wings of grey smoke sits inertly.

Amrath: You are surprised as you glance into the open doorway into the starboard side of the craft to find what appearst o be a tiny black two-tailed kitten looking up at you. It stares questioningly at your approach. This craft, now that you have neared it, appears to have some severe burning on the interior and across the bottom of the rubble. Two benches hang from the cieling, hinting that the craft is perhaps upside down. As you may be thinking, there are signs that this craft may have hit the ground very hard, there is a rubble and torn earth coming from the west (opposite of the "front" end of the craft).

rangerjohn

Explorer
OOC: Sorry for the delay, I forgot the name of the thread. :(

Leland nocks his bow and waits for the other elf to report back. "Brothers I am confused, we were asked to avoid the beholders, but we are supposed to aiding the underdarkers. Are not beholders denzions of the Underdark?

Caliber

Explorer
"Just because we seek to aid them does not mean they'll appreciate the effort. Beholders are as likely to rip us to shreds for suggesting we can help, as they are to fight the Tempest to the bitter end."

Damn abominiations. If it wasn't for the fact that they opposed the Tempest, I'd almost be glad about their current problems.

... These are bitter times we live in ...

Jarval

Explorer
"Aye, they're as like to see us as food or spot as aid in their fight." Surtsey keeps his eyes fixed on the craft below, awaiting a sign from Amrath.

Remove ads