Legacy: The War of Ages character sheet?

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Kind of a long shot here, but does anybody have access to a legal (i.e. official) .pdf character sheet for the old Legacy: The War of Ages RPG (pretty much Highlander with the serial numbers filed off)? Battlefield Press somewhat recently re-published a streamlined version of the rules, which I purchased, but it doesn't include a character sheet. And the original printing (which I own as a physical book) didn't have a PDF character sheet made available for it, as far as I know. But I'm hoping I'm wrong. I can always scan the physical book, but don't like doing that because it risks damaging the spine/cover of the book.

Last edited:

Longspeak

Adventurer
I reviewed that game for a 'zine. I was not kind, mainly owing to the games gratuitous use of its own terms ("Winternet" for "Internet?" Really?), its poor attempt to emulate White Wolf's formatting style, and its failure to acknowledge the similarities of the thing it was so clearly inspired by. (Its system was uninspired but serviceable.)

They sent a copy for their first supplement to the publisher and asked in the letter that I - by name - not be allowed to review it.

That said... I still have the copy they gave me.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
If you want a Highlander RPG with a decent system, it's really not that bad. Certainly, IMO, better than many of the fan-created efforts floating around the Winter... er... Internet.

Longspeak

Adventurer
I found the system serviceable, and honestly that's enough for me. It was just... everything else.

I had high hopes for Immortal: The Invisible War. But those hopes went unrealized.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
I had high hopes for Immortal: The Invisible War. But those hopes went unrealized.

I had some friends who were way into that but, for me, it was kind of the Highlander 2 of unofficial Highlander RPGs. It deviated from hitherto established canon in pretty significant ways (which is part of why I'm still pursuing Legacy).

Remove ads