• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

LEGEND OF THE SEEKER #4:Touched/Season 2/2009

Fast Learner

First Post
Some fun stuff this episode. It's still pretty goofy, but I enjoy it nonetheless, and the plotting this season seems like much more fun.

Orius

Legend
Crap, forgot it was on. The local station switched the show from Sunday to Saturday, so I'm still adjusting. Luckily, they do air the previous week's episode on the next Sunday, so I'll be able to catch it next week. It won't hit Hulu until after that so I'll still have to wait.

Merkuri

Explorer
I'm getting a little sick and tired of all the ways there are to nullify a confessor's powers. It's been a long time (over 10 years) since I read the books, but I seem to recall that in the books there was nothing that trumped a confessor's power, not even death. I remember reading something about the confessed dying of grief if their confessor died. I may be wrong, though.

But you'd think with all of the different ways to mute a confessor's power that Richard and Kahlan would have taken advantage of one already. :p

I like to gripe about this show, but I also like to keep watching it anyway. I don't really know why. :)

Felon

First Post
OK, I've enjoyed a lot of this season so far. The anti-heroic characters are good cast additions.

But there's a big, big problems here. Maybe someone who's read the books can clear it up for me.

Everyone who dies goes to the Underworld and writhes in a tangled mass of anguished souls for eternity. Not just bad people, but also beneficent priests, loving mothers, and innocent children. Everyone goes to what is, for all intents and purposes, Hell, where they are subject to the whims of the evil Keeper for eternity.

So, all our heroes can ultimately do here is close the veil between the worlds so that ideally people won't go to the Underworld to suffer endlessly before they reach a ripe old age.

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but if I had to languish in torment forever, I'd at least want to be in my physical prime when I do it. Hell is no place to be infirm.

Remove ads