Critical Role Legend of Vox Machina

Critical Role's animated show (originally funded by a $10M crowdfunding campaign which broke $1M in under an hour, and then picked up by Amazon for 2 seasons) launches on 4th February 2022. You can now see a preview.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
That was my first response, trying to get into Campaign 1, also. For some reason, I cgave the second campaign a try and loved it. I think my problem with C1 was that when it started streaming, they were all already level 8 and had a lot of history between the characters already - made it hard for me to get into. Campaign 2 started up with the merging of a couple subgroups into one adventuring party, which made it easier to get into - if I recall right, C2E1 they had just dinged to level 2
It's super hard to get into C1 with all the scrolling chat and technical issues. It's better to skip ahead until somewhere in the 20s when they get the better gear and space. Or skip to C2. I still haven't watched more than a few C1 episodes. If they edit down the shopping episodes I'll probably like the cartoon more than the stream.

Briarwood can be done is one season, but CC and V are going to take two seasons each. So maybe 5 for C1?

I would fund another kickstarter just to pay Mark Hamill to do the voice of V.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
It's super hard to get into C1 with all the scrolling chat and technical issues. It's better to skip ahead until somewhere in the 20s when they get the better gear and space. Or skip to C2. I still haven't watched more than a few C1 episodes. If they edit down the shopping episodes I'll probably like the cartoon more than the stream.
I havn't watched a single episode.

I have however, listened to every episode in Campaign 1, and am almost finished Campaign 2.

Like, some of the shenanigans remind me of early groups I had.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I think I'm most excited about this because I'll finally be able to follow the Critical Role series without having to commit to four-hour videos. Every time I've tried, I've tapped out after 3-4 episodes.
super late reply, but just wanted to say that I have the same problem, so I just listen to about anhour at a time when it comes out in podcast form.

mewzard

Explorer
Looks like backers are watching early previews. Have any y’all watched any yet? Whatcha think?
It's definitely an entertaining first two episodes. Though definitely not safe for work, content warnings abound.

It was smart of them to start off with some pre-stream build up to the team so when we do get to the bigger arcs, we've already got a feel for the team and the setting.

It helps that the arc that starts in episode 3 is especially good. I have no doubt it'll be even better.

And then we've got Season 2. I hope we end up getting enough show to do all the major arcs for Vox Machina.

Remove ads

Remove ads