• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Legendary Artisan Feat Help

Xellous

First Post
The Legendary Artisan feat and the others like it from ECS lower the time, xp, and gold cost of items by 25%. It says that they stack but how do they stack? If you take Legendary Artisan twice is the xp cost reduced to 50% (25% + 25%) or is it to 56% (25% off of the 100% then another 25% off of the 75%)?

Thanks

Zandel

First Post
DM's call there....I'd allow it because of the sheer number of feats it takes to achieve...4 is a large number of feats.....and 12 is huge but if you could get them all i'd allow you to make items while only paying for the cost of materials and that would be reduced something cronic.

Jack Simth

First Post
Hmm... crafter with 0 xp cost, 0 magical materials cost, and 0 time cost? Kinda a bad idea:

Fighter: Hey, my +5 sword got Disjunctioned in that last fight!
<crafter taps the sword>
Crafter: There you go - another +5 Defending Dancing sword!
Fighter: Hey, you think you can upgrade my armor and shield?
Crafter: Say no more!
<crafter taps both>
Crafter: Let's see... your armor is now +5 SR 19 Greater Sonic/Acid/Fire/Electricity/Cold resistance Undead Controlling Etherealness Greater Silent Moves Greater Shadow Greater Slick Glammered, and your shield is now +5 Heavy Fortification Greater Sonic/Acid/Fire/Electricity/Cold resistance Undead Controlling!

Umm.... don't go epic. Ignore Material Components + Fabricate + the above = all magic items cost spell slots, a few rounds, and nothing more.

Last edited:

Zandel

First Post
dam! forgot about the time one......well in that case you'd probably have to go with the ever decreasing percentages option.......thanks for that JS....a bit out of it when i wrote that last one.

Jack Simth

First Post
Let's see... a Human Wizard 20 gets ... 12 feats: 4 bonus wizard + 1 bonus human + 7 character level feats (1/3/6/9/12/15/18); but then, no item crafting feats, other than Scribe Scroll.... hmm.... infinite spells, for free....

I suppose if you were using some UA variant rules... a Gestalt Warrior/Spellcaster 20, perhaps (11 bonus feats from Warrior, 5 bonus feats from Spellcaster, 7 from character levels, and potentially a bonus human feat).... or a mixed source gestalt (UA Warrior + Wizard, say... 11 bonus feats from Warrior, 7 character level feats, 4 bonus wizard feats ... perhaps a gestalt Warlock/Warrior 20.... any item, for free....)

Grogtar

First Post
Its been clarified that on the inital feat table where it says they stack - they dont.

The feats themsleves do not say that they stack, just the "Quick Glance" table.

Remove ads