• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Legendary Creatures - Lair or No Lair?

Sigma77

First Post
We've got three kinds of Legendary Creatures shown to us so far. These include the following: Dragons (Blue and White), Vampires, and the Tarrasque. What many have noticed, however, is that we've yet to see the bit about Lairs. We know a Dragon in its Lair is supposed to be one of the most terrifying creatures in D&D. But this doesn't seem to be just a Dragon thing. For example, a Vampire in his Keep or Castle. I mean, Dracula anyone? A Tarrasque in his... Den? Earth? (I for one liked a fellow poster about considering the entire planet the Tarrasque's Lair, making it a sort of force of nature)

Noticing how these three creatures we've seen so far could all have Lairs (with the first two certainly, maybe the last one), this begs to the question - will all Legendary Creatures be given some kind of Lair option? Or will some "just" be Legendary. Thoughts?

Boarstorm

First Post
We also have a legendary half-dragon in HotDQ (although with conditions). I don't think every legendary creature will have a lair.

Remove ads