• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Legends and Lore / Rule-of-Three Puzzle

Aegeri

First Post
Oh of course. Halflings were described as being kinda like human children in earlier editions IIRC. So yeah, that's a distinct possibility. Doesn't make it any less creepy, which on thinking about it actually makes it a very successful piece of art.

catsclaw227

First Post
I like it. Not quite what I expected, but it is an art gallery!

The Emily Warren image looks like she interpreted the Dragonborn as a Kobold, I am weirdly fascinated by the rawness of the Ben Templeton piece and the white hot beam coming out of the eye stalk, and Omar Rayyan's vision looks very Grim Fairy Tales.

My top 3, in order: 9,7,5. Though the dragonborn in Mark A Nelson's vision has a bit too thick an edge.

JohnduBois

First Post
The new D&D podcast discusses this project (although not the puzzle) in depth. Yes, picture 10 features a child (as well as a mouse riding a toad and a puppy); the artist is known for children's literature.

catsclaw227

First Post
Jon Schindehette also presented this challenge to the ArtOrder community, with a different spin: female human fighter vs. beholder in a forest clearing, but aim for a specific age category. You can see the results here: Segmentation Line-up | The ArtOrder

Wow, what a neat thing this has become. Some of those images are great, I even want to print out one for toddlers (age 2-4) and show my daughter that it is her fighting a monster.

She is 3yrs (barely) and constantly gets into my minis and carries them around. She plays with them more than her farm animals and zoo animals. She especially like Nalfeeshnee, Ice Devils, rider on horse, Chain Golem and an Oni mini (whom she call's Oni, and asks for it by name).

Klaus

First Post
Yeah, all of those involved did great work. When making my four pieces, I always thought back on the kids in my son's school.

Remove ads