• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Legends of Avandu pdf for free!

JVisgaitis

Explorer
Staffan said:
Got any plans for offering Denizens as a PDF for a reasonable price? Because getting your stuff on this side of the Pond is kinda difficult, and after seeing how many monsters in Year's Best D20 came from Denizens, I got kinda interested.

A lot of people ask me this, its a possibility. The problem is the files are huge and its hard to get it down to a reasonable size. That's why we are offering Digital Denizens. We are looking into doing it though.

Psion said:
I saw this. Considering you only have two download products over there, isn't that pretty much giving away the keys to the kingdom?

Not really. Our catalog over there is really slim. We've neglected DriveThruRPG. Something we aim to fix in the new year.

Last edited:

Yair

Community Supporter
As a sneak preview, you can check out the demo on the product's page on RPGNow.
But why don't you download the thing already? It's free!

Oh, did I just BUMP the thread? How silly of me.

Yair

Knight Otu

First Post
Quite interesting. I am a bit unsure about the Scion of Krûg though - it appears that template changes the base creature's type to "Magical Beast" regardless of its original type?

Creeping Death said:
Why do I need to give them my credit card info for a free product?
This won't help you for this product, but there should be a button "Download now" or something similar (forgot the wording) on the top of the product page. At least that's how it was for me.

JVisgaitis

Explorer
Knight Otu said:
Quite interesting. I am a bit unsure about the Scion of Krûg though - it appears that template changes the base creature's type to "Magical Beast" regardless of its original type?

It does. It enhances the original creature making it magical in nature. Am I missing a concern of yours or...?

Knight Otu

First Post
Well, normally, Magical Beast is reserved for magical or unnatural animals and vermin. Humanoids in those situations typically become Monstrous Humanoids. It isn't necessarily an error, though I'd argue that Fey and Dragons (and maybe some aberrations) are already sufficiently magical in nature. :)

JVisgaitis

Explorer
Knight Otu said:
Well, normally, Magical Beast is reserved for magical or unnatural animals and vermin. Humanoids in those situations typically become Monstrous Humanoids. It isn't necessarily an error, though I'd argue that Fey and Dragons (and maybe some aberrations) are already sufficiently magical in nature. :)

Good point. Honestly, I don't remember why we let fey and dragons pick up the template. I'll have to check with our rules guy.

afreed

First Post
Scion

It's been ages since I worked on Legends, and I don't even remember who wrote the scion (though the fog looks like something I'd do), but I believe the "magical beast" thing was intentional. Krug is an animalistic god, and drinking his blood is going to "de-evolve" you. If you want the creature to retain its type, however, I don't see any issues there.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads