Legends of Hawaiki 2: Where the Wild Things Are

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
The Spirtes seem to have faded away with the morning mist and are not seen again. The Cut stands wide open, darker than the surrounding day from the shadows cast by the tall overhanging walls. It would not be difficult to scramble over the rubble strewn about the entrance or the foliage that hangs down from its sides.
However there is always the possibility of going back and climbing out of the gorge or even following the path scouted by Tatiki and Puna Tani the day before.

Looking up Tatiki senses the approach of rain...

(ooc Mirth I have the lst of class abilities however the advancement tables and spells known we will need to reconstruct from scratch - not too much of a problem and I'll get to work on it)

Argent Silvermage

First Post
I think last night was all we need to experience in order to say the Cut is not the place for us. I say we try to climb the cliff. Tatiki says looking for handholds.

wolff96

First Post
Wai

"Er...," begins Wai while looking at the tumbled rock. "I don't mind taking that path, but we should probably be careful. I'm... uh, not that great a climber."

Wai pulls his pack from his shoulder and fishes out a long length of rope. "If someone could secure this higher up, that would help. With nothing to hold onto, though, I'll probably slow everyone else down."

(OOC: Updated character profile for level 4. Does anyone know why I'm not getting e-mail notifications anymore?)

Mirth

Explorer
wolff96 said:
"Er...," begins Wai while looking at the tumbled rock. "I don't mind taking that path, but we should probably be careful. I'm... uh, not that great a climber."

Wai pulls his pack from his shoulder and fishes out a long length of rope. "If someone could secure this higher up, that would help. With nothing to hold onto, though, I'll probably slow everyone else down."

"Don't worry about slowing us down," Puna Tani says as he helps with the rope as much as he can, "I'm not a climber by nature either. But I agree that the path is probably our best chance..."

Seonaid

Explorer
Lani

[No one gets email notification. There's been a big server slow-down issue. Check Meta.] If Lani thinks she could climb and help with the rope, she will.

Last edited:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Calling upon his natural affinity with the land Tatiki finds that he is able to scale the 20 ft cliff with suprising skill, bypassing the patches of loose soil and dew moist stone to eventually emerge out of the gorge and back onto the path. Tu-Ru and Puna Tani follow close after the druid, Tu-Ru using his natural strength to form holds where none existed before and Puna Tani following close behind.

Below them though Lani and Wai are no so well off. Even with the rope dangling to assist Wai feels the ache across his shoulders as he attempts to haul himself up, no doubt the pains of the former day still lingering. He has not gone far off the ground when he sees Lani scaling the wall above him slip as a clump of soil comes loose beneath her feet ...

(ooc Lani Reflex save DC 25 to catch yourself before falling the 10ft to the ground
if Lani does fall Wai has a chance to catch her on the ground - Str check DC 15.
NB Tatiki got Nat 20 for the climb so I decided to drop the DC for those
following the same route by 5

(sorry about the delay in posting real life & board slow downs have kept things on hold
))

Last edited:

Seonaid

Explorer
Lani struggles up the cliff, noting with envy the ease of the others' passing. "Wai, be careful," she starts to say, when her feet slip out from under her. She has time to grasp her situation and then shriek as she tumbles down. [Reflex: 10]

Mirth

Explorer
As Puna Tani grabs Tatiki's outstretched hand and makes the last pull up to the top, he looks back to watch the progress of the others. Too late, he realizes that he should have gone last so that he could help them. Instead, all the shaman can do is shout, "Lani!" and watch his friend fall...

Remove ads