Leif's DISCONTINUED GURPS Traveller Game -- IC01

Scotley

Hero
"Well, yeah, traveling jumpspace makes it kinda tough staying up on the Gravball stats." Spider tips just a little of the proffered whiskey into his can and swirls it around before taking a sip. He shudders a bit at the burn and continues. "Thanks doc. You think they have some interesting spirits on this planet we're heading for? And, um women?" The younger man's dark skin pales a little as a thought occurs to him, "you don't think that this disease might be you know um communicable in ah, 'that way' do you? I mean those suits and respirators you got. It would be necessary to take em off..." he sort of trails off and the paleness turns to spreading redness.

Insight

Adventurer
"Well, yeah, traveling jumpspace makes it kinda tough staying up on the Gravball stats." Spider tips just a little of the proffered whiskey into his can and swirls it around before taking a sip. He shudders a bit at the burn and continues. "Thanks doc. You think they have some interesting spirits on this planet we're heading for? And, um women?" The younger man's dark skin pales a little as a thought occurs to him, "you don't think that this disease might be you know um communicable in ah, 'that way' do you? I mean those suits and respirators you got. It would be necessary to take em off..." he sort of trails off and the paleness turns to spreading redness.

Doc Hannigan's gaze goes into nothingness for what seems an eternity. And that's saying something when one lives and works on a ship drifting in endless space. Doc's cybernetic eyes come back into focus on Spider. "You know, son. Sssssshome wimmen are better fer lookin' than fer touchin." Hannigan looks down at the nearly-empty Amanhi whiskey bottle before returning his gaze to Spider. "I'd be keepin' that suit on if I were you."

Leif

Adventurer
Bump

The Zax Hakjohn Quiq, ZX213HKJ098-QQ7 bearing its precious cargo of medicine for the tasty Trotherias of Centry has edged several thousand kilometers closer to that world as the Vargr vessel waits for a response to their rude, obnoxious hail.

Leif

Adventurer
Opening Gambit

The com panel next to Spider suddenly comes to life: "I say again -- Zhodani vessel, stand to and prepare to receive boarders! That means STOP!" The distinctly canine voice on the other end of the com link sounds considerably agitated if not downright apoplectic.

[sblock]Gotta love those starship computers that re-route incoming messages so that they can be heard by those who are prepared to act.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
At that moment, simultaneously broadcast through the ship, and out to the vargr ship, the pilot finally responded in a very calm voice that the other crewmembers knew probably meant trouble.

"Unidentified vargr vessel, this is Zax Hakjohn Quiq. I've checked your registry and found no affiliation with system patrol or customs. I've checked your transponder, but I'm not even sure you HAVE one. If you fail to produce official identification, and accelerate so much as a tenth of a G in our direction, I will be forced to burst your brains all over the insides of your vacc suit helmets with our Psi-Augmentator Cannon. Over."

Then, over the intercom, she said...considerably more tensely..."Uh. Battle stations. Someone man the turret, yesterday."

Leif

Adventurer
Opening Gambit - Approach to Centry

"Uhh, Grrr?" says the Vargr voice, and the pursuing ship drops out of the race to Centry.

[sblock=Shayuri]Nicely done! Guess I should have started like this days/weeks ago?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
The com panel next to Spider suddenly comes to life: "I say again -- Zhodani vessel, stand to and prepare to receive boarders! That means STOP!" The distinctly canine voice on the other end of the com link sounds considerably agitated if not downright apoplectic.

"That feller sounds downright agitated," Doc Hannigan says, looking over at Spider. "Sure you don't wanna go up front and take care of that?" Hannigan got up, unsteadily, and went to the bar. "I've got another call to be answered. Now, where'd they put the bathroom in this bucket of bolts?"

Leif

Adventurer
Opening Gambit - Approach to Centry

The Zhodani pilot, relaxing a bit as she sees the blip of the Vargr ship begin to fall behind is then uncertain because she sees two additional, disturbingly similar blips move out from behind the asteroids they had been obscured by, about 1000 km away, one to the left front quarter, and one to the right front quarter.

[sblock=Sensors?]Does anyone know what the actual ranges are for detecting ships and what you can tell from the various distances? I'm totally just faking this. Does anyone mind? :heh: Guess I could maybe read a rulebook now and then, huh?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
"Um, yeah, that doesn't sound good. Ah the head is up one deck starboard of the central corridor." He pales beneath dark skin, "Go find some guns when you finish, um you know, in case we get company." He runs for the turret with a quick stop to grab his personal laser. The tall young Zhodani ducks bulkheads and pulls doors shut as he goes. "I'm on it Pilot (got a name I missed Shayuri?), how bad is it? What are they flying out there?" He slips into the harness and takes a deep breath. Reaching out with his mind he starts activating weapon systems. "I'm on station, weapons hot," he announces in a high pitched panting voice over the ship intercom as green laser and blue sandcaster icons begin to appear on the holographic heads-up display before him. He spins the turret in a rapid 360 degree arc to check that all is working properly and scan all about.

Leif

Adventurer
Opening Gambit - There are SPIDERS in the turret!

The targeting interface highlights two very small blips that are vessels in red, indicating that they are still out of range. During his 360-degree spin, Spider takes note of the first Vargr vessel being left behind.

Last edited:

Remove ads