D&D 5E Leif's First 5E Homebrew In-Character Thread 1A

Leif

Adventurer
Heading East from Stone Mill

Lee discovers that the stone is not just lying next to the roadway, but is placed on a constructed stone platform.
She also finds a symbol carved into the stone, History, or other relevant skill, or just an Int check, DC 16 for more.

Last edited:

Azurewraith

Explorer
Seeing Lee still standing Harald moves over to the stone, he knows just the jeweler for this maybe he could even start a new trend!

Moving up standing beside Lee but not to close mind you and inspects the stone, interesting symbol Harald feels he has seen it before.

OOC: [roll0]

If anyone wants insperation feel free to take some.

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

Azurewraith

Explorer
Harald nudges Lee in the ribs."I know what that symbol means do you?" he whispers into her ear.

OOC: Seems appropriate for a insufferable buffoon that feels he knows it all I would certainly work harder trying to show him up

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
s6jebb.jpg

East of Stone Mill
Afternoon
Round 0

Gods and goddesses, did this dandy never shut his complain-hole? Risia felt a migraine forming and pressed her fingers to either side of her nose as Harald went on once more about a pebble in his boot. She was about to volunteer to cut his foot off and ask him if the pebble was still bothering him when they spotted the stones.

As the dwarf kept watch, Lee examined the stone, and Harald followed, being the insufferable twat he was. She helped keep watch, but if called over, she would examine the symbols, as well.

Perception: 1D20 = [5] = 5
History: 1D20+3 = [18]+3 = 21

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Free Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 10/10
AC: 13

Cantrips: Eldritch Blast, Prestidigitation
L1 (1/1): Faerie Fire, Sleep
[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Heading East from Stone Mill

Lee and Risia recognize the symbol as one that signifies a particular ancient elvish kingdom. Knowing this, however, does not really tell you much. All that it really means is that the road is very, very old, and that whoever built it was either on good terms with elves, or wanted to give the impression of being on such good terms.

[sblock=Risia ONLY]
Risia is reasonably certain that the symbol was not left by elves, because the surroundings are all wrong for a symbol like this. This is the sort of symbol that would be placed in a letter of introduction or on a tapestry of family history, not left in the wild with no interpretive context.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
s6jebb.jpg

East of Stone Mill
Afternoon
Round 0

Risia brushed some dirt from the symbol with a contemplative “Hmmm…” When someone inquired, she said. “This is...wrong. Well, not completely. The symbol is elven. An ancient kingdom, like Lee said. The road is old. But...I’ve never seen it used this way, just...out in the open like this. This would normally be on something more...official. It’s more like a signet mark, something you put on a letter of introduction or stitch onto a tapestry of family lineages. You don’t mark roadways with it.”

The minstrel straightened up and touched her necklace. She had read a lot in the Frost Prince’s libraries in the year and day she spent with him.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Free Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 10/10
AC: 13

Cantrips: Eldritch Blast, Prestidigitation
L1 (1/1): Faerie Fire, Sleep
[/sblock]

"Well, a mystery surrounding stones is not as pressing as a kidnapping. So let's continue and leave this curiosity for another day," Lee says as she resumes following what little trail they have on the missing mayor's wife.

Remove ads