• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Leif's "Pomarj" Greyhawk Beta Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
Tower of Orcs

Raggs shoots the orc rushing up to him and pierces its throat, Simon takes careful aim, and sends an arrow zooming towards the other orc peeking around the corner. His arrow strikes the orc directly in the eyeball bringing instant death!

Ring swings his mace at O6. Sadly, he fails to achieve the success of Raggs and Simon. The Orc also swings his club at Ring, and misses similarly.

Heroes are up again!

Attachments

• Player's Map - Tower29.xls
    27.5 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Simon, knowing his ally is potentially in the line of fire, aims carefully, and fires at the last remaining orc.

OOC: Simon should have moved into the corner.

Taking 2 shots at the last orc.

Leif

Adventurer
Map update

Just a map update. Both Simon's arrows miss, by the way. [OOC: Fire into melee again, Insight, and I'm going to do it by the book, meaning you'll have a chance to hit an ally. There may be some doubt this time, which is why I give you the benfit of any doubt that there may be. In this case, with 1 orc and 2 allies, that translates to a 66% chance that you'd target an ally and only a 34% chance that you'd target the orc. The percentile roll is made by me, too.]

Map updated through Iono's move in the following post.

Attachments

• Player's Map - Tower31.xls
    27.5 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Simon, realizing that he's endangering his allies with arrow fire, draws his flail and charges the remaining orc.

OOC: Assuming he can get there and attack in the same round, Simon makes an attack.

Leif

Adventurer
Tower of Orcs

OOC: The rule as I remember it, is that you can move up to half the distance that you can cover in one round and still attack. That will cover this move for Simon. Hmmm, I think I want to look that up and see what I can see about it... Ok, I can't find it right now in either the PH or the DMG. :( Eureka! :) Actually, the 2nd Edition PH has the rule on P. 96 -- a character can move up to half allowed distance and still make an attack in the same round.For now, we'll co-opt thar 2E rule into this game, so Simon charges the remaining orc and misses horribly, evenwith the extra +1 to his attack for the charge. (Incidentally, charging negates Simon's Dexterity bonus to his Armor Class this round, if any...)

Attachments

• Player's Map - Tower32.xls
    27 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Raggs (NOT realizing he's endangering his ally with arrow fire) keeps firing off arrows at the orc barreling down upon him.

"Why. Won't. You. Just. Get hit. And DIE!" the hairfooted hero shouts as he releases his bolts.

EDIT: Out of frustration, he rips his short sword from his sheathe with one hand and unshoulder's his shield with the other in a single near fluid motion and swipes at the orc's abdomen with his blade.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
One thing first, sd...

[sblock=steeldragons, OOC]You'd better look at the map again, sd, you're in melee range of the last orc. You sure you want to attack with a missile weapon? That'll mean that Raggs doesn't get his Dex adjustment to AC when the orc clobbers him...

You can just edit your post below. The dice for your missile fire can't be erased, but they can be ignored.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads