• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Leif's "Pomarj" Greyhawk Beta Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
Wow, these Orcs were rich. they probably robbed every farmer’s ranch and merchants’ caravan that passed within a radius of 2 days riding from here.
Iono says, amazed from the amounts on coins they found.
I wonder what lies on the upper floor, maybe the old wizard's laboratory?
Shall we proceed?
OOC: I included a search of the orcs's barracks area on the next (third) tower floor as well to simplify things. There were [originally] some additional orcs to fight there, also, but they were all drawn down to the sounds of battle below, so all that's left there now are some old bunks, chests, and ratty orc clothes.

Last edited:

Assuming me searched the third floor as well.

Well, no more Orcs here. I wonder where is the Orc we searched for.
Iono raises a question to the air.
We do have to search more doors near the entrance, the one we barred with a table. Maybe one of them leads to a basement?

To Raggs he says
I do not know how to speak and read Elvish my friend.

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: I told you awhile back that the central staircase led both up and down from the first floor, I think. Anyway, it does. And Strahd is right that there still remain some unopened doors on the first floor.

Leif

Adventurer
Let's go and see what me missed in the first floor before we head down to the cellar.
Iono says
OOC: You might want to take a break and advance your characters to second level. Just saying......

Amaya's already there, and Simon, Raggs, and Iono are less than 300 xp from a level. Heck, Simon's only about 10xp away! Probably one random encounter along the way, and you'll all be there. Ok, maybe two....

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: NO! I'm saying, "Go ahead and start back towards town, and by the time you get there, you should have earned enough xp." ;)

OOC: Amaya already has enough. She can go ahead and roll her new, shiny, d10 for more hit points. Actually, she asked me to roll it for her, so I did. There will possibly be the issue of training for your new levels, too, but we'll say that new hit points are automatic.

OOC: Amaya's Con being 17, she gets 1d10+3 for her 2nd level hit die. Amaya's new hp total is 19.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Simon's languages

DeWar, this was probably a mistake that you inherited, but Simon's 15 Int does not allow him to learn any additional languages past what he already knows as a half-elf. You have to read the Int. table in conjunctiuon with the racial description for Half-Elves. Page 17 of the 1E AD&D PH says that only Half-Elves with a 16 or greater Int. may learn languages in addition to those they start out knowing, which are: Common, Alignment, Elvish, Gnome, Halfling, Goblin, Hobgoblin, Orcish, and Gnoll.

Amaya is Half-Elven, too, and her intelligence is lower than Simon's, so she is in the same boat, language-wise.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: will fix that. We don't want any long excursions with this much loot anyways, so back to town?

edit: fixed!

Last edited:

Remove ads