• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lesser Gnome- Death & Taxes Collector's Box Set Available Now!

nogrod

Villager

Lesser Gnome is pleased to announce the limited release of Death & Taxes, our second box set, for old-school fantasy role-playing systems. Written by Zach Glazar & Edwin Nagy, Death & Taxes is an adventure and regional setting which is designed to be easily integrated into home campaigns. It is suitable for a party of 5-9 mid-level adventurers.

It can be purchased by clicking http://lessergnome.com/?p=2188

You can read one of the books in its entirety here (its hosted on adobe's server and will be valid through 12/20/15.

More information about Death & Taxes can be found at http://lessergnome.com/?p=2241

The Collector's Edition of Death & Taxes includes-

Three Game Books
Death & Taxes Adventure Book
• Game Master's Guidebook
• The Salise: Regional Setting Guide

Game Maps

• Adventure map folio - The complete set of interior adventure maps are re-printed for quick in-game reference.
• Poster map of the Salise - Created by Alyssa Faden the 26" x 20" folded map is printed on gallery quality white poster paper

Play Accessories
• The Sealed Letter
• 2 Shrink-wrapped Card Decks
○ Monster Cards (14) - Color illustration on front, creature description/stats on reverse
○ Magic Items Cards (10) - Illustrations with color highlights on front, item descriptions and function on rear

28mm Custom Miniatures - (25 total)
• Personalities - The Taxman, The Herald (Horn blowing goblin), M. Mange, Nogrod, Thopas, each with slotted bases (when appropriate)
• Empyrean Wards- Archivist, Harpy, Siren, Sylph (incl. 4 slotted bases)
• Gnoll War Band - A pack of four mercenary Gnolls (Archer, Axe bearer, Mace wielder, and Spearman with slotted bases)
• Torlings - Nine Individually sculpted Torlings, swarming pack hunters found both above and below ground
• Hryggan- A newly arrived visitor located in bad place who came from a worse one
• Bone Byrgh - Bottom of the food chain clad in bone 'armor' it borrowed from less successful visitors
• Empyrean Guardian - Watchmen waiting for trouble to arise (slotted base)

Dice & Extras
Chessex 7 die polyhedral set, plus 2 Custom Dice (d6, d10)*
Suedecloth™ 4"x6" dice bag
Custom silver-esque coin
Renowned Gnome Swag™

Our Kickstarter backers have been enthusiastic about Death & Taxes

This is as professional and substantial a product as I’ve ever seen coming out of KS, easily on par with Esteran or Horror on the Orient Express (for quality if not quite weight, lol). The finish is impressive, the add-ons are wonderful (there’s an aged scroll sealed with imprinted wax!), tons of minis, multiple books, beautiful maps, really pleasing artwork… The attention to detail is remarkable. I really can’t say enough about this set, Lesser Gnome has hit a home run.

-David Caldwell

Whisper & Venom was CRAZY good. I used it as the backdrop for a campaign that lasted a year and a half as well as using elements of it in ALL my campaigns since I first acquired it. Death & Taxes is, dare I say, better.

The attention to detail is staggering. Ms. Faden's maps are jaw-dropping. Mr. Metcalf's artwork is gorgeous throughout. Mssrs. Glazar & Nagy's writing is well crafted and inspired. I'll stop my gushing here and get back to reading/campaign prep - tomorrow's game beckons!

-Andy Markham

Each of the books lavishly illustrated by Lloyd Metcalf with additional pieces by Andrew DeFelice, Brian "Glad" Thomas, and Michael Brand. Proofreading and content suggestions were done tirelessly by G. Scott Swift. Miniatures in the box set were sculpted by Nicolas Genovese, Michael Brand and Mark Evans.

Our first product, Whisper & Venom, was an old-school boxed set (there is a Pathfinder conversion as well). It was nominated in 2014 for 2 ENnie awards. Naturally, we lost to Paizo and WizKids. Recently, I was on the ENnie ballot again for fan favorite publisher. I lost to Wizards of the Coast and Paizo.

Thanks for taking a look.

Zach Glazar
Lesser Gnome

Last edited:

Remove ads