• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lesser Planar Binding and Charm/Dominate

Stalker0

Legend
I'm curious, does the calling diagram used in LPB stop me from using dominate or charm?

Basically could I bind the creature, then just dominate it? Or charm it, so it will be reasonable to my requests?

Last edited:

Gwarok

Explorer
If I read correctly summoned creatures are capable of using ranged effects across the boundary of the trapping ward, altho not against the ward itself. This would seem to imply you can use similar effects.

Stalker0

Legend
Gwarok said:
If I read correctly summoned creatures are capable of using ranged effects across the boundary of the trapping ward, altho not against the ward itself. This would seem to imply you can use similar effects.

Pg. 157 of the phb says teh diagram blocks the creatures abilities and attacks. The big question is whether my magic circle that ensnares it protects it from dominate. I'm preety sure I can charm it, but will the mind control work?

If it does, its a potent combo. Once I have dominate monster, I can just planar bind creatures in, dominate them, then build a nice little army.

Spatula

Explorer
Stalker0 said:
Pg. 157 of the phb says teh diagram blocks the creatures abilities and attacks. The big question is whether my magic circle that ensnares it protects it from dominate. I'm preety sure I can charm it, but will the mind control work?

If it does, its a potent combo. Once I have dominate monster, I can just planar bind creatures in, dominate them, then build a nice little army.
The Protection/Magic Circle spells don't stop mind control effects from taking place, they just block the actual control. You could dominate a trapped creature regardless of whether or the circle protects it, then break the circle. With the creature under control, you're in no real danger.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads