• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lethal Weapon ... 5?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
And I'm not even joking.

http://deadline.com/2017/10/lethal-...ver-richard-donner-at-warner-bros-1202196260/

It looks like the band just might back together. Deadline hears that Mel Gibson, Danny Glover, Richard Donner are all huddling on the possibility of doing another film for the the Lethal Weapon franchise. In the scenario we’ve heard Donner would direct and Channing Gibson (Lethal Weapon 4) would script. There are many moving parts, but we’ve heard that all are on board and exploring another film. It would move forward, of course, at Warner Bros., the studio that has brought audiences four in the franchise. The buddy action comedy was a major hit for the studio under the Bob Daly, Terry Semel regime when it first launched in 1987 and together the four have pulled in $955.2M worldwide. The last one was released in 1998. The film also spawned a TV series as well.

Glover is 71 now, and Gibson is 61. They were 41 and 31 respectively when the first Lethal Weapon was made.

(Oh, wow. Glover was only 41? Now I feel old...)

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Gibson's character isn't going to be very believable, doing all that non-stop activity and over-the-top stunts with grey hair and achy joints.
And he's not the type to mentor the next generation of young cops - but Glover's character would work for that.

What is so bad of a threat that the LA Police Commissioner will bring these guys - who leave a trail of explosions and high-speed chases and property damage in their wake - out of retirement, I wonder?

:p

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The only way I can see this working is to go Logan with.

Since they’re in their 60s and 70s respectively, have them retired and *playing their age*. Make it more cerebral, make it gritty and and not an action comedy. Maybe they fell out years ago. Have them talk a lot. And, obviously, they’re not cops at more.

Make it a small, personal plot. They don’t have to save the city or bring down an international drug cartel. Something small, local, personal. The story is about them as characters, not the action.

That could work.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
Sorry. Always Sunny in Philadelphia already made this and number 6. I will accept no new input on the matter!

Last edited:

Remove ads