• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Let's Metagame: Star Wars EoTE

By the same token, I've heard a few stories of how things were fine up until that final encounter. Though having the GM in this instance spend a slew of Dark Side Destiny Points and having both sets of TIES attacking probably didn't do the PCs any favors.

I've had mixed results, with the first group (using the offered pre-gens) I ran the adventure for barely scrapping through by the skin of their teeth, while the second group (using characters built via the Beta + Updates) had a much easier time of things.

In our circumstance, it came down to the players failing at both of their shots and the TIEs inflicting 12 damage with their first attack. I spent all the darkside points because they were dead at that point anyway (they'd 2 HP left, and had only killed 1 TIE fighter minion), and the players would've been disappointed had I not used them in return. Basically, they made such a big deal about not using them for so long/blowing them in one all out final attack, that it became only fitting to restore balance to the force.

If I was intending to run a campaign, rather than simulating a newbie squad playing through the pre writ, I would have run that final encounter very differently. Chiefly, I'd of researched the mechanics early on and scaled it with that in mind. Besides that, the use of Destiny Points would've been more limited.

Bagpuss

Legend
Direct link 3 in stock as of posting, which is odd as there was only 1 left (which I took) when I ordered Wednesday. Still they have been nothing but professional when I've ordered from them before. My copy arrived the next day.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Direct link 3 in stock as of posting, which is odd as there was only 1 left (which I took) when I ordered Wednesday. Still they have been nothing but professional when I've ordered from them before. My copy arrived the next day.

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood you. For some reason I was thinking about pre-orders for the full game.

Bagpuss

Legend
Best value preorder I've seen is forbidden planet at £35 or there abouts, £5 less than Amazon, but I'm not sure what the postal charge will be.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads