• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Let's Speculate - Arcane Power

Kez Darksun

Explorer
I totally forgot about that, actually! It didn't really stick in my mind because it seems like such a broad concept; callback to 3rd ed's Tome of Magic, isn't it?
Cant say for certain since I never picked up Tome of Magic, but the talk I've seen has it being reminiscent of the Binder from there at least flavor-wise.

Shroomy

Adventurer
I'd love to see a wizard build based around necromancy, but I have a sneaking suspicion that they'll save that for a book built around a Shadow power source and not mix it with the arcane. Given that I'd guess illusionist is a good bet; I just can't see necromancers or illusionists either one as strikers.

I feel pretty sure they'll throw warlocks another pact, as well -- though god only knows what it could be -- but moreover they'll almost certainly give them a much wider variety of paragon paths, because warlocks have just about the fewest choices come level 11 in the game right now.

While I think we'll see a smattering of necromantic and illusion focused wizard spells, I don't think AP will feature more than the Summoner alternate class feature (MP featured only one per class).

I do agree about the warlock paragon path issues. However, each martial class in MP got 12 new paragon paths; AP has the same page count and covers one additional class, so something has to get cut. Even so, at 12 paths and five pacts, thats only 2 PPs per pact.

Dice4Hire

First Post
I do hope the warlocks get a good amount of paragon paths, as they are most desperately in need of them. As for Sorceror and bard, I hope they get a boost, but with only a month between releases, it makes me want to play a non sorcerer for a while, until the whole shebang is revealed.

Rani

First Post
I really want to see what's in store for the Warlock. I don't really like how limited they are right now, and my favorite pact (Star) is really tricky to build effectively.

RefinedBean

First Post
As far as Warlocks go, it's a little pipe dream of mine that they might have alternate curse mechanics for each pact. I don't think it's in the cards, though.

Kez Darksun

Explorer
I almost forgot, one thing I'd like to see is a 2nd Charisma based at-will choice for Starlocks. It would be nice to be able to make a Charisma based Starlock and have both at-wills off that Stat instead of being forced to split it between Con & Cha.

Vael

Legend
Well, we have solid info on the already released classes, swordmage, warlock and wizard are all getting one new build/class feature. And that familiars are gonna be in the book. So, that leaves the Bard and Sorcerer. I'm gonna guess at least a new class option for each ... I'm betting on two spell sources for the Sorc.

Remove ads