• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Let's talk about pirates in your game

Ilium

First Post
Me group o' hearties fought the dread Raven's Claw out o' the port o' Casamar. The Claw sports a dozen or so gents what ride hippogriffs to find and slow the merchantmen while the Claw 'erself closes fer the kill.

Our swashbucklin' fighter leapt from the crow's nest onto one o' the 'griff riders, tossed the unlucky lad down to see Davey Jones an' scarpered with 'is mount.

'Twas a bonnie brawl!

pawsplay

Hero
I ran a one shot for my family once. The PCs were stranded on an island with orc pirates.The orcs themselves were mostly warriors, led by high level barbarians, a couple of rogues, and a cleric who served as a weather witch. Also, on the island, I stuck a stranded gnome illusionist, who had long since gone insane, and taken one level of barbarian... modeled after Ben Gunn from Treasure Island. Fun times.

just__al

First Post
My players are currently crossing the ocean. They've encountered scrags, water nagas and a drowned (MM3). They would have made it to the other shore by now had Naga's not convinced the captain to change course via suggestion.

This week play opens with "ship ahoy!!"

That ship is full of Gnomish Pirates intent on taking the ship and it's cargo.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
If my fugitive players surrrrrrvive their current adventure (The Dragonfiend Pact with no cleric and no rogue), they're going to end up smack dab in the middle of a Conan adventure, arrrr. And the obligatory femme fatale is based on several of Conan's piratical women (from books and comics).

She will, by thunder, make off with the treasure and the boys' horses at the end. Their current plan is to hide from the law in Freeport anyway, so they'll have a ready made nemesis by the time they arrive.

Aye, right enough ...

talien

Community Supporter
It's fitting that we're up to the part in my story hour series where the PCs are running amok in Freeport. Everything from pirate contests to a pirate holiday to a pirate who makes people sing a song that sounds suspiciously like Spongebob Squarepants' theme song:

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=103252

Freeport is at time ridiculous and inconsistent...but I love it anyway.

just__al

First Post
just__al said:
My players are currently crossing the ocean. They've encountered scrags, water nagas and a drowned (MM3). They would have made it to the other shore by now had Naga's not convinced the captain to change course via suggestion.

This week play opens with "ship ahoy!!"

That ship is full of Gnomish Pirates intent on taking the ship and it's cargo.

It took every ounce of my self restraint not to have them attacked by Pirate Ninjas.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads