• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Let's talk about pirates in your game

Gold Roger

First Post
Aye, as the titel says it. How have pirates figured into your games?

Ever played a pirate? A pirate campaign?

Let's hear the stories about airpirates, undead pirates, orc pirates, pirate pirates, ninja pirates, planar pirates and pirates and pie!

tonse

First Post
I am just planning a campaign set around Hepmonaland (Greyhawk). The PCs would be the pirates. The main antagonist would be the Scarlet Brotherhood. Hope for lots of manly swashbuckling and dreadful explorations of jungle ruins.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Aye me harty I bin havin good times as a gnome pyrate in me Aquasphere. Twas Kwalish devices we used to scuttle them scullies of their booty.

Sailing the Nine seas through the nexus ports we dun fell in with ghouls and sea dragons, Sky ships and cannibals all for the sake of good plunder and a saucy wench

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Olgar Shiverstone said:
ARRR! Shiver me timbers matey! Me's thinking abuot runnin' the famous Ninja Pirates of Dinosaur Island campaign!

Piratas de Lucha de la isla del Dinosaurio!

I did this once as a one-off Wrestling Pirates on the Island of Dinosaurs and even stated out a Velociraptor for my masked heroes to combat...

I have indeed played the role of a pirate, mate. T'would have been in a rather short-lived game using the Conan RPG several months back. I am almost ashamed to admit that my portrayal of such pirate borrowed rather heavily from the personal of one Captain Jack Sparrow, though I have been told I do a rather fine impression of said individual. It was quite a bit of fun though, especially as I was the only front-line combatant to suffer a grisly wound of any sort.

*just imagine the above bit spoken in a bit of a drunken slur with lots of bobbing, weaving and elaborate hand gestures, savvy?*

Cor Azer

First Post
Alas, the blacksails (as the pirates are named in me campaigns) have yet t' figure promin...promma... a lot, if'n only 'cause me players 'ave yet to take the hooks (and not the one's on the blacksails hands). They hitched a ride on one ship, but fought off the raiders, and never investigated the whys.

In me latest campaign, I'm running in the world of Westeros, and the Ironborn reapers and Lyseni pirates are all a-stir across Cape Wrath, where me players be living their noble lives with gold and wenches a-plenty.

serraphin

First Post
Arr - I once 'ad me a ships captain (She were a Keel Boat, but I luved 'er) who wasn't so much a pirate as an 'onest sailor on th' sea of fallen stars. Aye, but a good sailor talks like yon pirate whether or not.

Arr - he also happened to be a werebear. Which were right odd. Unfortunately me an the crewmates came to a bad, sharp end. Wit' sharp end being a bunch of vampire likes, who felt our sailing the seas and doing good didn't fit with their plans.

T'is a pity, as I was just getting th' yonder Gaele to talk like a pirate too.

Jedi_Solo

First Post
We killed a pirate and took his stuff. Including his boat. Since that time we have been attacked by pirates on a couple of occations (also known as when I suspect our DM ran out of ideas for that week).

I think my PC has captured three pirate flags.

Oh... and... um... Arrr! Fergit what I may have spoken about keel haulin' yer kind, savvy?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads