• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Let's write some riddles!

Richards

Legend
And well written. I had read your riddle the day before I posted my guess, and had had absolutely no idea at the time as to what it might be. Then, reading it again a day later, the answer just popped into my head. (I guess my subconscious played with it for 24 hours before passing me a cheat sheet.)

And I agree, wheat works better than corn, as the "gold" of the corn is still hidden inside the husks when it's in the field.

Johnathan

AeroDm

First Post
Alright, here is one I just made up for this thread. Mixed bag on if it is hard, I'll let the masses be the judge...

A blade that pierces but does not cut
A rope that binds but does bind shut
Countless thrusts until the foe is slayed
But upon completion none are ‘fraid.

weiknarf

Explorer
7. The answer is: [sblock]edited after TarionzCousin's hint: 7 or 12 (depending on how you do the math) - only the dead ones remain, the rest fly away.[/sblock]

[sblock]Wouldn't it just be easier to say "A quarter remain.'' Then you don't have to worry about the math.[/sblock]

AeroDm

First Post
A
(K)not?

WELL PLAYED, gentlemen (and women). This thread is actually making me feel pretty good because my players (who admittedly aren't good at and dislike riddles) usually couldn't solve them in a manner timely enough for gameplay. I rather enjoy when people solve my riddles so perhaps I make 'em easy, but they are hard to most people so I hope you feel some amount of triumph.
-----------
A holy tapestry woven in the night
Becomes my symbol; becomes my sight
And outstretched it collects my tithe
Idly, while the congregants writhe

AeroDm

First Post
Before my birth I am conceived
and grow and sprout both limb and leaves
until I’m brought to proper form
then idly I do adorn
till brilliant minds upon me find