• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level 17 Warforged Build

vageta31

First Post
So I'm going to be in a new campaign that is sort of a homebrew setting. Basically vampires are taking over the world and I'll be one of the heroes tasked with stopping it. I'm taking the tank roll and want to set up a build that will be proficient at vampire slaying. Crusader could probably work better, but I really like the Warblade and want to base it around that.

Basic setup is I get a 40 point buy and a free LA +1 for my character. We might get to roll a set of stats but it hasn't been decided if we get to choose to use the 40 PB over the rolls if they aren't good. So for now let's assume the 40 point buy.

Initial thoughts are a straight Warblade as that will get me a level 9 maneuver right off the bat. Want to go with Diamond Mind/Iron Heart disciplines with some stone dragon thrown in for good measure. I'm open to options with PrC classes but I really don't want to lose my level 9 maneuver by doing it, but if there's a way to still get it I might consider.

Initial thoughts are Human with the feral template focusing on using a Holy greatsword or Katana two handed. Thinking about SUS and snap kick for extra damage on each attack. Combined with Time stands still I should get some decent extra damage on my attacks. I haven't looked into it much yet, but I also considered playing an elf/half elf and going Warblade into Eternal Blade and pumping up my int a bit(feral template and elf semi cancel the int out) but it depends on how it works out with the number of maneuvers and stances I'd lose over a normal warblade. I'm probably going to take the martial manuever/stance feats to pick up extras along with anything else that could boost my utility.

If I go feral I'll probably RP him as sort of a lycanthrope that lost his ability to change forms and somehow became permanently stuck somewhere in the middle. If I don't go feral then I might make him sort of a brutish version of Van Helsing that has some tricks up his sleeve. Meaning I'd go human with able learner, pump up my UMD and use wands in wand chamber and bracer/bracelet.

With that said does anyone have some ideas to go with my plan? I could take some swordsage at 18-20 to boost up his maneuvers and they'd count as prereqs for another level 9 warblade choice. It'd also give him some shadow hand teleportation and other goodies to round him out. Also are there other +1 templates that may be a good choice for this theme? Celestial sounded good but it's +2 and the only other things I can think about are possibly Aasimar or Tiefling for the boosts.

Just looking for some other ideas I may not be considering. I need to focus my build on vampire slaying as I'm sure we'll be running into a hell of a lot of them.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
You're Title is misleading, I'm assuming you mean "Warblade" instead of "Warforged"?

If you're going for a Melee build, Warblade is an excellent choice. There are multiple right ways to make this build, and what ou've suggested so far sounds nifty.

If you're considering Diamond Mind and Iron Heart disciplines, Perhaps the Eternal Blade PrC? You'd have to be an Elf, and gain some really nifty abilities. You'd also access Devoted Spirit maneuvers, (which are my favorite) and White Raven.

Make use of Martial Study, to pick up those Maneuvers you can't access. I Highly recommend Death Mark, Desert Wind maneuver level 3, no prereqs, Does fire damage in an area burst, and a lot of it, the bigger the target you hit, the bigger the burst.

Good Luck, and have tons of fun, this sounds great.

Last edited:

Wyvernhand

First Post
Awww, and hear I was going to suggest a Warforged Landforged Walker build. Turn into Plantzilla and pummel people with your branches of GREAT JUSTICE!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads