• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level 8 party defeats 30 level 6 fighters?

Thanael

Explorer
Lesser Planar Allies could also get you some Bralani Eladrins, which are pretty handy in a fight against melee types - they have DR10/cold iron or evil; they move at 40 and can fly at 100; resistance to cold & fire; and minor spell resistance... heck, they can create mirror image at will, so that makes them a good opponent for a level 6 fighter. They can also try a few Charm Persons to get some more allies on your side - or at least put them out of the fight for a bit?

Also Bralani will gladly help you to free some slaves, being paragons of CG and all.

lottrbacchus

First Post
If the warriors are all camped near one another and wear medium or heavy armor, a night attack starting with a couple of fireballs would really work wonders. Any of the low levels surviving the first couple of runds would then have the unenviable task of putting on their armor (taking up valuable time) or being mince (AC, what, 12 for your archer, ranger, and knight?)

As for abandoning thinngs your DM has prepared- I guess in my games my players tell me before we game what they are leaning towards. "Yeah, I don't think we're going to THAT right now because we think we need to go THERE first". It's always worked for us.

Remove ads