• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E level 9 play, CHA based character build, help needed

spartanah

Explorer
I want to build either a sorlock or hexbard for a level 9 campaign.
if I go swords / hex. what level do I need to go which each to your opinion? same for sorlock, what is the recommended split between hex and sorcerer (I think shadow).

What sort of material is allowed? UA an option?
Do you know what other characters in the group will be, and do you have a definite idea of what sort of thing that you want to do with the character?

Zardnaar

Legend
The Sorlock generally is Sorcerer 1, warlock 2, then take levels in Sorcerer, spam eldritch blast and quicken EB.

For a melee warlock I like the Fighter 1/Warlock XYZ build. Gives you proficiency in heavy armor and con saves.

spartanah

Explorer
There is a Barbarian, war cleric, an Assassin and a Druid, and maybe another fighter so melee is not a must.
We start at level 9 and may end around there.
I don’t want to be the arcanist because I usually play a wizard. But I do want to be the face.
Only official material is allowed

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
There is a Barbarian, war cleric, an Assassin and a Druid, and maybe another fighter so melee is not a must.
We start at level 9 and may end around there.
I don’t want to be the arcanist because I usually play a wizard. But I do want to be the face.
Only official material is allowed

Lore Bards are best party face typically. Sorcerers are pretty good if they take the lucky feat and the suggestion spell (and possibly charm person depending on how your dm runs that one).

Remove ads