• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) Level Up Shipping Update!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Hey folks! Quick shipping update for you. Don't worry, it's all good news.

We're still exactly on schedule, and the printer is shipping 40+ pallets of books to our UK warehouse this week. They've kindly provided us some photos of them to share with you, because who doesn't enjoy pictures of pallets of books?

These are now leaving the printer in Europe on two big trucks, bound for the UK. From there, half the shipment then goes on a ship to our US warehouse where North American orders will be fulfilled from, and the other half are fulfilled to the rest of the world directly from our UK warehouse.

With the world doing what the world is doing right now, we have no idea how long it will actually take to move all these books around, but we haven't run into any delays in our schedule yet, and we're hopeful that our luck will continue! I would imagine that UK backers will be the first to get their books (because that's how geography works). North American backers will take a little longer (because, again, that's how geography works). But we're on schedule, everything going according to plan, and we're super excited to get these books into your hands!

Oh, and one last thing. You may notice in the photos below that the regular books below have ribbons. Yep, FREE UPGRADE! We kept this secret until now as we wanted to surprise you, but it turned out that it didn't cost us much more to add the ribbons, so we did. Free ribbons for everybody!

That's it from me for the moment. I'll update you when the books arrive at our UK warehouse.

thumbnail_IMG_9101.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_9102.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_9112.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_9113.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_9114.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_9115.jpg

Anselm

Adventurer
This is so exciting! I still can't get over how big the books are compared to the O5E counterparts. I had to look something up in the PHB yesterday and it hit me how different the ~300 page PHB compared to the >600 page AG is going to look on the shelf :D

Do you (or anyone else with experience in shipping) have a ballpark on what to expect for time from UK warehouse to in hand of US customers? Is it like 1 week - 1 month or potentially longer? (I don't order overseas much so I'm not even sure what I should be hoping for.)

Faolyn

(she/her)
RIBBONS!

They look great. My only regret is that my friends and I are still gaming online instead of in person so I might not be able to show the books off right away.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Do you (or anyone else with experience in shipping) have a ballpark on what to expect for time from UK warehouse to in hand of US customers? Is it like 1 week - 1 month or potentially longer? (I don't order overseas much so I'm not even sure what I should be hoping for.)
It's hard to say because the ports/customs is the random factor. 20+ pallets go by truck to a port in the UK, then by ship from the UK to the US, then by truck to the US warehouse, then they get split up and the individual orders sent out.

This is so exciting! I still can't get over how big the books are compared to the O5E counterparts. I had to look something up in the PHB yesterday and it hit me how different the ~300 page PHB compared to the >600 page AG is going to look on the shelf :D

Agreed. ;) Compared to the O5e books out there, these books are big. They're roughly the same size and thickness as the Player Handbooks for both Pathfinder 1st edition and 2nd edition.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
I wish I had had the funds for physical copies during the Kickstarter. Hopefully a POD option will be available soon.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I wish I had had the funds for physical copies during the Kickstarter. Hopefully a POD option will be available soon.
PoD? I'm afraid not for books of this size! A 600+ page book using a print-on-demand service would cost about $100 just to print, before we added any other costs or margins on top.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
PoD? I'm afraid not for books of this size! A 600+ page book using a print-on-demand service would cost about $100 just to print, before we added any other costs or margins on top.
Well, are the books going to be available in print at some point to non-Kickstarter backers? I'd hate to think they're consigned to pdf for all eternity.

Remove ads