• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up!

DimitriX

First Post
I just got my copy of Level Up!, the 4e magazine from Goodman Games. I thought it was great. I think they had the right of idea of using lower grade paper and black and white images only, because the magazine costs only $2. It reminds me of the Dungeon and Dragon magazines of the old days. There's a short adventure, new monsters (dinosaurs!), some articles for players regarding ways to focus on the weapons one uses. I thought one of the features was very creative. They took a fantasy illustration and wrote an encounter around that. I've always been impressed by Goodman Games and I'm glad they are embracing 4e. I don't think I would like 4e as much if they weren't out there tweeking things.

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
Glad you enjoyed the magazine, DimitriX. I'm also glad that we've made 4E more fun for you in general. That's the goal. ;)

BD

jcfiala

Explorer
I'm hoping to find one for sale this weekend, somewhere... although I'm half-thinking I"ll end up subscribing anyway.

Glad to see another print magazine!

Festivus

First Post
The magazine gave me the desire to pick up your dinosaur critter book, Blackdirge. Just what I needed for the Isle of Dread.... oh and the magazine looks really nice.

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
The magazine gave me the desire to pick up your dinosaur critter book, Blackdirge. Just what I needed for the Isle of Dread.... oh and the magazine looks really nice.

Thanks, and thanks for picking up Critter Cache: Prehistoric Beasts.

If this continues, then issue three of Level Up should have you sold on Critter Cache: Fey Folk. ;)

BD

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Looking forward to my FLGS getting it in. I talked to them on Thursday, and they say people have been asking for it, so they'll be carrying it for sure.

alleynbard

First Post
I really enjoyed the magazine. Very useful and fun to read. Keep up the good work! I will definitely be getting future issues.

Remove ads