Leveling and Items

Phoenix8008

First Post
Well as I'm finishing up the Captain's Caper right now, I have to come to some resolution as to what I'm going to do rather quick with relation to treasure. I designed the adventure to be 10 encounters and 10 treasure parcels to take the PC's from level 1 to level 2. Now that I'm at the end and adding in quest and time XP I have found that the PC's are actually going to make it to 3rd level!

I was being stingy all adventure long to have an impressive dragon hoard for them at the end and now I'm wondering if I should be giving out the level 1 and level 2 parcels for this adventure. Since we don't yet have a rule to cover GP for time (or magic items for time unless that is factored in with the GP) I'm thinking this is what I will need to do. I'll be happy to hear any unbiased opinions or thoughts on this issue though. (No MMC people suggesting triple treasure parcels! :devil: )

Atanatotatos

First Post
*Cough*

May I remind our dear DM that we fought through two levels and a dragon without any magic items (well, Alex has a floating shield, but really, that's more or less as useful as a sunrod -well, actually less, in combat)? So some... generosity... so to say... might be... er... uh... welcome?

KenHood

First Post
Floating shield?

LAME!

"I've got a shield that floats on water!"

Yeah, yeah. Guess what else does that? All shields made out of the wood!

That's not an enchantment, it's a design feature.

You should find your DM's home address, fly there, and hit him with a 2x4.

The floating shield is like the granny's pants of defensive devices.

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
I have to agree with TwoHeads. Since we don't yet have the time gold thingy in effect, you should give out treasure appropriate to the amount of XP they've recieved.

If they're going to be level 3, they should get all the phat lootz that go with that ;)

Atanatotatos

First Post
I actually edited my wishlist to accomodate a couple higher level items, although what Alexander REALLY wants is pretty obvious, I think :heh: :

[sblock=Alex' wishlist][size=-2]8th-Gauntlets of the ram
7th- Dwarven Drakescale +2[/size]
[size=+2]6th- Waraxe +2[/size]
[size=-2]5th- Armor of sacrifice +1
4th- Collar of recovery +1
3rd- --
2nd- Belt of vigor
1st- Floating shield[/size]

:heh:[/sblock]

I mean, he deserved that much:

[sblock=Alex's records](for this fight__it was a friggin' Dragon!!!):
damage dealt in encounter: 94
damage taken in encounter: 74
hp healed in encounter: 61[/sblock]

...I'm gonna visit the hall of records soon...

garyh

First Post
I actually edited my wishlist to accomodate a couple higher level items, although what Alexander REALLY wants is pretty obvious, I think :heh: :

[sblock=Alex' wishlist][size=-2]8th-Gauntlets of the ram
7th- Dwarven Drakescale +2[/size]
[size=+2]6th- Waraxe +2[/size]
[size=-2]5th- Armor of sacrifice +1
4th- Collar of recovery +1
3rd- --
2nd- Belt of vigor
1st- Floating shield[/size]

:heh:[/sblock]

I just tweaked and added some higher level items to Hrav's wish list myself. My trick is the ENTIRE list is nothing but large rapiers. ;)

Hrav's wish list!

Also, FYI, Adventurer's Vault introduced Dynamic and Sacrificial as Level 6 weapons. Each are strictly better than just a Magic weapon.

Remove ads