• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Leveling Pace in World's Largest Dungeon

I don't get how fast you are supposed to level the PCs... i.e. when during the first level do the PCs become 2nd and then 3rd level? The chart the book refers to doesnt help me any.

Jim Hague said:
Once or twice per Region is a good guideline.
That's what our DM does in WLD. Depending on the upcoming challenges, we level in the middle of a level, and sometimes at the end of the level as well.

He said that if he did normal x.p., we would have been 8th level by the end of map #1. As it is now, we're 7th level at the beginning of map #4 (I think)--we levelled three times on map #1 (just so we'd survive and wouldn't have to rest after 1 hour of in-game time), and then it's been twice a level. But I believe he said for the current map we will only level once.

EricNoah

Adventurer
Yep. Depending on what your group likes you might dole out XP a little bit at a time, or just tell them when to level up.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads